Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Sep 27, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #16 of 3,208
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First one taking the time to post a picture..
tongue.gif

79673355.jpg

How do you find the SQ of the 1g nano? I have one gathering dust in my drawer....gonna take it out now, charge it up, and try it with my TripleFi's.

Sep 27, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #17 of 3,208
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you find the SQ of the 1g nano?

I think it sounds quite nice. My 'phones are holding it back though...
But I remember it putting out sound on high level some years back. When it was filled with Apple Lossless files, and played through LOD -> Tomahawk -> UM2.

Sep 27, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #18 of 3,208
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iDark. Clean looking rig you got there.
Nice!
smile.gif

looks clean, but I wonder about the use of the fiio; the W3 are very easy to drive and certainly have enough bass. would it not be more portable and possibly better sounding without it??

Sep 27, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #19 of 3,208
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks clean, but I wonder about the use of the fiio; the W3 are very easy to drive and certainly have enough bass. would it not be more portable and possibly better sounding without it??

Thanks Krmathis for compliment, its really clean and definitely good sounding. However regarding the Fiio comment, I think it does add a little to clarity - whether its placebo or not. I'm certain I (or my brain) can hear a slight difference to the better side. And the bass-boost button can come handy for different genres such as psytrance or debassed hip-hop tracks. Let us not forget that it looks a bit more advanced and I love the look people give me when I take out my bigger-than-average-rig.
beyersmile.png

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #20 of 3,208
atleast i say that my IE8 sounds a little better with the fiio E5 in line between the dap and phones. the fiio increases the soundstage a lil bit, tightens the bass (bass-boost off) a bit, adds that last bit of sparkle and air b/w the instruments and vocals.

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #21 of 3,208
Got my UM3X today, what an improvement over the S4! they sound pretty forward though, which i like personally. it's like listening to my Alessandro MS1 but with TONS more detail.
Attachment 24158

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #23 of 3,208
arrrgghh; this thread was let shrivvle and die because there is no need for it; please dont continue posting here. I suppose no-one checked the plast post date before starting in here

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #24 of 3,208
No one wants to post pics on the other thread after the HiFiman/ JH13's. The thread is dead. Long live the thread!

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #27 of 3,208
Any special reason to revive this thread? Here is the active one: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/pi...t-xiii-371737/

People decided there is no need anymore to start new portable rig threads - it was just a limitation of the old forum system, but with the current vBulletin it's not necessary anymore.

Apr 13, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #29 of 3,208
Can this thread be closed ?
Just close it. What is the issue?

Jul 5, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #30 of 3,208
My portable rigs.... the mini to mini on the fuze will be replaced with a LOD by the end of the week and in the process for a trade of the 80gb classic ipod for a 5th gen ipod video 60gb plus cash (so it can be rockboxed and play flacs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back