Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Oct 10, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #1,037 of 3,208

Quote:
If I were you, I would first go for the custom remold. The better comfort and bass response will probably make the biggest difference. After that (if you really want to spend that money for that extra bit of performance) than get the Headstage Arrow. If you can, I would get the Arrow used, it takes a while if you buy from the manufacturer (Robert).

hey! thanks for the reply :) yeah planning to get them used, as i don't really have tonnes of money as i'm still a 16 year old student.

And yeah i think i'll go for the remolds soon. Getting my Impressions next week or the week after, then send tgem off to UM.
Btw, should i add an additional driver? Personally, i really love the sound of my DBA-02. It's very detailed and abit analytical, yet very smooth with precise bass.
Would an additional mid/bass driver help? Cause it would be about a hundred dollars more and i could use that money for the arrow..

Oct 10, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #1,038 of 3,208

Quote:
I know this isn,t the place to ask but im about to get grados amp ''ra1'' for part of my portable setup to use with my grado sr225is, is this a good idea or is there amp that will clean the floor with it?

i listen to all sorts and i was hoping that that amp would let me listen to the quiet songs of mine on the move and hopefully sweeten the sound?
smile_phones.gif

The RA-1 is nothing but a very, very, very overpriced CMOY. Many modern (and often less expensive) amps might surpass it in quality. Search around a bit on the forums, there's lots of info about it to be found. Here's one thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/91223/is-the-grado-ra-1-a-cmoy

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #1,042 of 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadmfz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm still a 16 year old student.
And yeah i think i'll go for the remolds soon.

Umm, god, ok. You do realize most peoples ears don't stop growing till around 21+?
Hence customs may not be ideal (far from it) for youthful ears (such as mine, sadly).

I strongly recommend you do some research on the matter.

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #1,043 of 3,208
Nothing fancy, just a size comparison:

018.jpg

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #1,045 of 3,208
my camera or camera battery is shot, it wont power on so all i have are cell phone pics, and i use my cell phone as my portable source, so it's hard to take pics of my phone with my phone. so all i have are shots of my amps and my IEM's.

anyway, here they are:

and for some reason picasa likes to chop off pieces of the pictures and fill them in with grey... epic fail..

Oct 12, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #1,046 of 3,208

Quote:
Nothing fancy but i've been enjoying using these two for the past few days for some reason.

do you really like this headphone?i bought one several months ago and thought they were complete trash.i gave it to my sis. to mate it with her zune120 and she put them in the trash.
i honestly think that apple ibuds is better than it.maybe i got a dud one..

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #1,047 of 3,208
Installed the "Cabbie 3.0 in blue Theme" on my Fuze V2. It goes well with the blue wheel, as intended:

005b.png

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #1,050 of 3,208
Mrarroyo: Nice! Is there anywhere to get the optical interconnect for the H120 for less than $60? I do not even have the Toucan yet, so it doesn't really matter. Just thinking (far) ahead.....
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back