Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Oct 9, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #1,023 of 3,208
The newest Edition to my portable rig.
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #1,024 of 3,208
icwutudidthar

Oct 9, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #1,026 of 3,208

Quote:
My latest portable combos, the Shadow+Nano and the Rx+ipod5.5, both joined by a whiplash LOD. It's quite impressive that the "ShaNo" drives the H-2:F1's quite respectably. Needless to say it also pairs well with my Se530's and the TF-10's (not pictured).

Nice rigs, btw you remolded SE530s look like toffees!

Oct 9, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #1,027 of 3,208

Quote:
Hello fellow head-fiers.
Kinda new to this forum, but i've gotta say, this forum helped me out alot!
After lurking in the backgrounds for awhile,
i've decided on getting a dba-02 as my earphone of choice,
paired with a rockboxed DIYmod 5.5g through pure copper DIYlod.
And i've gotta say, the flac files i'm using really came to life.

Sorry if my set-up is kinda ugly, it's hard to find a decent case for ipod 5.5g here in singapore..

I'm currently using an ordnance .22 amp.
It's kinda sucky but it's better than my e5 ;D

anyway.. i have kinda small ears, and the housing of the DBA-02 is hurting my ear abit, making it tiring to use after awhile.
So do you guys think i should go for customs? I think the dba-02 would really sound great with them.

Or should i get a better amp first? I'm leaning very close to the headstage arrow..

Appreciate the replies guys.

Happy listening!
biggrin.gif

(p.s. i think i have one of the cheapest diymods out here xD got the ipod 30gb for S$100, then asked a friend of mine to help me mod it and do the lod up, costing only about S$50~. The amp costs only $40 2nd hand and the DBA's S$236. So that makes a total of.. S$426! ;D i still have about S$300 extra.

So should i get a custom dba-02 with an additional driver with 3 way crossover or just stick to two drivers? And should i get the arrow first then the customs?

umm sorry for the repost guys. Hoping to get an answer to my queries ;D

Oct 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #1,028 of 3,208

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #1,030 of 3,208
meizu.png

meizu2.png

Oct 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #1,033 of 3,208
I like it. It has a warm, bassy sound to it. I almost exclusively use my Brainwavz M1's with it. I just like the sound from that combination. It's a well built unit, nice size, nice weight. EQ works very well. Doesn't support album art, but you can do folder art. eBay had a run on them for a time. I actually ended up buying 6 units. I kept 2, an SP, and an SL model. I think the most I paid was $41 for the SP's, and only $31 for the SL's. Was a hell of a good deal.

Oct 9, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #1,034 of 3,208

Quote:
umm sorry for the repost guys. Hoping to get an answer to my queries ;D

If I were you, I would first go for the custom remold. The better comfort and bass response will probably make the biggest difference. After that (if you really want to spend that money for that extra bit of performance) than get the Headstage Arrow. If you can, I would get the Arrow used, it takes a while if you buy from the manufacturer (Robert).

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #1,035 of 3,208
I know this isn,t the place to ask but im about to get grados amp ''ra1'' for part of my portable setup to use with my grado sr225is, is this a good idea or is there amp that will clean the floor with it?

i listen to all sorts and i was hoping that that amp would let me listen to the quiet songs of mine on the move and hopefully sweeten the sound?
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back