Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Apr 25, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #3,166 of 3,208

Quote:
An Amp with the Clip+ (Pico Slim) is more W*nk factor then actually worth quality gain... But the photo looks good :)

wink factor?  i dont get it, please explain.
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #3,167 of 3,208
Still loving earbuds. It's the interesting mixes that occur between music and street sounds that do it for me. It's like an urban symphony. 

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #3,168 of 3,208
Still loving earbuds. It's the interesting mixes that occur between music and street sounds that do it for me. It's like an urban symphony. 

Is that a nexus s? are you using voodoo sound? If not root your phone and get voodoo sound plus like right now.

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #3,169 of 3,208

Quote:

I'm re-loving earbuds. I finally got my hands on a pair of PK1's, and they floored me. 

Apr 26, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #3,170 of 3,208
So, after reading in the t50rp thread that someone was using these phones in a portable setup, I've been on a quest to build a rig around them.  So far I've come up with this:

The cmoy is just the basic build from tangent's site cause it was my first diy amp.  It does ok with t50rp but it's not ideal; I've got the parts for a mini3 being shipped to me so we'll see how that goes.  The phones have the full dampening treatment inside the cups, are sporting srh840 pads, and have been re-terminated to a neutrik 1/8 right angle plug. I covered the vent in order to try to reduce sound leakage for use in the library but they still leak a little more than I'd like them to.  I cut the bronze rod in half in an effort to not look like a complete dork, but I still look pretty dumb with things on my head in public.  Oh well...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #3,171 of 3,208

I walk around with them powered by my PA2V2 no complaints smooth warm nice, walked for miles too, they block a good amount of noise, and don't get that sweaty. if you keep them a little loose and put them a little back on your crown they are pretty comfy too. I wore them for 4 hours on foot, no pain.
Quote:
So, after reading in the t50rp thread that someone was using these phones in a portable setup, I've been on a quest to build a rig around them.  So far I've come up with this:

The cmoy is just the basic build from tangent's site cause it was my first diy amp.  It does ok with t50rp but it's not ideal; I've got the parts for a mini3 being shipped to me so we'll see how that goes.  The phones have the full dampening treatment inside the cups, are sporting srh840 pads, and have been re-terminated to a neutrik 1/8 right angle plug. I covered the vent in order to try to reduce sound leakage for use in the library but they still leak a little more than I'd like them to.  I cut the bronze rod in half in an effort to not look like a complete dork, but I still look pretty dumb with things on my head in public.  Oh well...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #3,172 of 3,208
J3 8GB + 32GB --> remolded tf.10's

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #3,173 of 3,208
Just a reminder to people that the title of this thread is "Picture of your Portable Rig" and not a "Which portable player is best" thread. Thanks. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back