Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Apr 24, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #3,152 of 3,208
Sweet ed8 pic!

Thanks for the info on the Sony players guys. I'll look into it when it's time to change dap.

Although I use a MacBook pro for day to day stuff including photoshop and music. My desktop pc was built for games so it doesn't have any music.

Might be more convenient to stick with an iPod since I have mostly alac files. Would be nice to see an iPod with flash/solid state to prevent skips. And a decent eq wouldn't hurt..

I did get both my iPods free just so you guys know XD

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #3,153 of 3,208
My iMOD
L3000.gif

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #3,159 of 3,208
If I was buying an expensive full size headphone though, I wouldn't buy the ultrasones. I'd buy the Audeze LCD-2. Like come on! For that price how can it not have detachable cables!!

The LCD 2s aren't exactly portable...

Plus, the LCD 2 are open, making them less portable than just their power needs.

Also, that Silver Pico...Woooooooooooooooow. It looks brilliant. I think I'd strap an ALAC Silver Classic to it though. I love my Clip+, but it's so awkward to carry with an amp (IMO)

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #3,160 of 3,208

Quote:
If I was buying an expensive full size headphone though, I wouldn't buy the ultrasones. I'd buy the Audeze LCD-2. Like come on! For that price how can it not have detachable cables!!

I agree about the detachable cables, 100%. However, luckily, I didn't have to choose between the Ed8 and the LCD-2. I just got both and they are both great for the purpose I bought them for. 

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #3,165 of 3,208
An Amp with the Clip+ (Pico Slim) is more W*nk factor then actually worth quality gain... But the photo looks good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back