Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Apr 8, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #2,958 of 3,208

Quote:
mine i brought to work last night. 30Lbs. of audio bliss.

Damn.  That's dedication.  Also a bit of a work out/exercise, guess you could say you were killing two birds with one stone, lol.

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #2,963 of 3,208
With an iQube, how can u say "not as good as"?
wink.gif

Quote:

Have some HD25-II's as well. not as good as most on here but its a start

Apr 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #2,964 of 3,208
My only portable setup for the last 2 years or so
L3000.gif
. Still looking for a worthy replacement...

iPod mini 2nd Gen, 32GB flash mod, ~20hr battery
Rockbox
Pico
LiveWires

I had a nicer LOD before but it broke recently so have been using this bulkier one.

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #2,965 of 3,208
If you're not looking to go all out on an LOD, FiiO should have theirs somewhere out there. They've got a nice low profile one.

My only portable setup for the last 2 years or so
L3000.gif
. Still looking for a worthy replacement...

iPod mini 2nd Gen, 32GB flash mod, ~20hr battery
Rockbox
Pico
LiveWires

I had a nicer LOD before but it broke recently so have been using this bulkier one.

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #2,967 of 3,208
^I have a similar model, it was my first favorite non-ipod DAP that had quality sound.  Try it with RE0, its great synergy with it.  I think Sony players in general work well with RE0.  Probably has to do with output impedance.  I hear Sonys hiss with sensitive phones, and that leads me to believe that it needs the right impedance. I like the size(tiny) and build(solidly built).  No BS touch screen that are not responsive.  

Edit:  I wish there was a DAP with impedance switcher.  I know some exterior amp has impedance switch.

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #2,968 of 3,208

That is the FiiO LOD and it's not that small. I used to have a custom one that was much more convenient. I'm always surprised that with the relatively large headphone amp market the only truly portable LOD and interconnects are customs. Even the $120 ALO Audio low rider is slightly big for my taste.
Quote:
If you're not looking to go all out on an LOD, FiiO should have theirs somewhere out there. They've got a nice low profile one.

Apr 10, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #2,969 of 3,208
No, I mean the new one. http://www.fiio.com.cn/product/index.aspx?ID=23&MenuID=020303 The L9.

That is the FiiO LOD and it's not that small. I used to have a custom one that was much more convenient. I'm always surprised that with the relatively large headphone amp market the only truly portable LOD and interconnects are customs. Even the $120 ALO Audio low rider is slightly big for my taste.

Apr 10, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #2,970 of 3,208
Wow, just keeps getting smaller and smaller. Is the quality of the audio altered at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back