Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Apr 10, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #2,971 of 3,208
@airwax - are those custom icons for your nano there? they don't look the same as mine - they look better haha. 

Apr 10, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #2,974 of 3,208
You can be assured quality of audio cannot be altered with such a low signal current that passes through the wiring.  The big thick LODs dreadlocked you see on these forums are not necessary, its quite an overkill for the type of signal that is traveling through it.  Typically thick cables are used then there is greater current drawl, but you don't have to worry about that with audio.  For the price, I think FiiO cables are a bargin, if you think about supplies and labor time it takes to make a personal LOD.

Quote:
Wow, just keeps getting smaller and smaller. Is the quality of the audio altered at all?

Apr 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #2,975 of 3,208
Cool, thanks for the tip. L9 looks nicer than the L1 (the one I'm using), but the actual connector to the iPod looks bigger. I'll probably buy it if I can find it somewhere.

Quote:
No, I mean the new one. http://www.fiio.com.cn/product/index.aspx?ID=23&MenuID=020303 The L9.

Quote:
That is the FiiO LOD and it's not that small. I used to have a custom one that was much more convenient. I'm always surprised that with the relatively large headphone amp market the only truly portable LOD and interconnects are customs. Even the $120 ALO Audio low rider is slightly big for my taste.

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #2,977 of 3,208
First decent rig here, but already wanting to expand to a HD-25-1 II, if I can find someone willing to let go of them, I don't wanna buy them locally since they are priced at $380 USD.

Better light in this

Double sided car foam tape + velcro for the piggy back butchering a griffin motif case.

And to keep all safe while travelling inside the PX200 bag butchered to make it fit.

Next step HD-25-1 and an Arrow 12HE.

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #2,978 of 3,208
I love using Velcro for holding my rig together. I've got a J3 + E7 right now...BECAUSE MY ARROW HASN'T COME IN THE MAIL YET :mad:

I'll finally get pictures of my rig up once my Arrow gets here. I even have an awesome case for the pair already D:

First decent rig here, but already wanting to expand to a HD-25-1 II, if I can find someone willing to let go of them, I don't wanna buy them locally since they are priced at $380 USD.

Better light in this

Double sided car foam tape + velcro for the piggy back butchering a griffin motif case.

And to keep all safe while travelling inside the PX200 bag butchered to make it fit.

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #2,979 of 3,208

Quote:

Better light in this

Is the sound from the LOD and PA2V2 better than just the headphone-out? I have a PA2V2 but I have no LOD for my Touch 4G.

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #2,980 of 3,208
Thanks to JxK for the loaner.

80607526349734880948.jpg

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #2,981 of 3,208

Quote:

Is the sound from the LOD and PA2V2 better than just the headphone-out? I have a PA2V2 but I have no LOD for my Touch 4G.

There's considerable less hiss when reaching higher volumes and the bass tends to not distort at maximum volume, plus since you are getting a fixed volume its certainly easier to set up the gain screws on the PAV2V, another thing that helps the PA2V2 is the aluminium tape inside to reduce interference with other devices/signals.

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #2,982 of 3,208

Quote:

There's considerable less hiss when reaching higher volumes and the bass tends to not distort at maximum volume, plus since you are getting a fixed volume its certainly easier to set up the gain screws on the PAV2V, another thing that helps the PA2V2 is the aluminium tape inside to reduce interference with other devices/signals.

My PA2V2 is an old one.....there are no gain screws to adjust....lol.

Edit: I just tried it with my Sony LOD cable and I can barely use any of the volume  of the amp with my PortaPros....well, if I ever get some hard-to-power headphones I'll be prepared, I guess.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back