Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Feb 10, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #2,402 of 3,208
Why yes, the coin certainly does improve the SQ by a lot! Without it, you might as well take some Grado PS1000s and label them "Skullcandy". It obviously causes the electrons to undergo photosynthesis while taking into account the Bohr model, and keeps the neophonics in a perfect ekphrastic existentialist state... duh.

Quote:
You honestly think the coin makes an improvement?

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #2,403 of 3,208

Quote:
Why yes, the coin certainly does improve the SQ by a lot! Without it, you might as well take some Grado PS1000s and label them "Skullcandy". It obviously causes the electrons to undergo photosynthesis while taking into account the Bohr model, and keeps the neophonics in a perfect ekphrastic existentialist state... duh.

Quote:

How do you think a Canadian $2 coin would sound in comparison to the US quarter?

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #2,404 of 3,208
Quote:
How do you think a Canadian $2 coin would sound in comparison to the US quarter?

jecklinsmile.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #2,405 of 3,208
The quality of the metal is irrelevant actually; instead the economically-driven quarks in the electronics will react exoendothemically to the value of the coin. Quintessentially, the higher the coin value, the better it will work. However, the electrons do not enjoy the warp-physic present in two point five dimensional paper bills. Also, beware that force-application of electrons to coinage will deploy a rhetorical device on the sysadmin, and break your headphones if you aren't careful.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #2,406 of 3,208

Quote:
The quality of the metal is irrelevant actually; instead the economically-driven quarks in the electronics will react exoendothemically to the value of the coin. Quintessentially, the higher the coin value, the better it will work. However, the electrons do not enjoy the warp-physic present in two point five dimensional paper bills. Also, beware that force-application of electrons to coinage will deploy a rhetorical device on the sysadmin, and break your headphones if you aren't careful.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I guess they best you can go is with a silver coin, and give it the apropiate burn in time of course.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #2,407 of 3,208

Quote:
While it probably isn't the absolute tiniest setup, my setup is probably on the smaller MP3 player/Portable amp setups. I have them connected at the clip with velcro

I'm still waiting on my LOD. Micca Store sent me a nice E1 instead of a L1 LOD... I'm keeping the E1 (Shhhhh...), but I ordered a L1 somewhere else.1

I thought this would be a pretty cool rig. Only thing I'd change is, using an ALO low-rider LOD.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #2,408 of 3,208
Hehe, that would be cool, except I don't have $120 to spend on a LOD :p

Quote:
Quote:
While it probably isn't the absolute tiniest setup, my setup is probably on the smaller MP3 player/Portable amp setups. I have them connected at the clip with velcro

I'm still waiting on my LOD. Micca Store sent me a nice E1 instead of a L1 LOD... I'm keeping the E1 (Shhhhh...), but I ordered a L1 somewhere else.1

I thought this would be a pretty cool rig. Only thing I'd change is, using an ALO low-rider LOD.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #2,409 of 3,208
Yeah, right angle LODs are great for pocket space. I wish I could find one that's super-inexpensive like the FiiO LODs... maybe FiiO needs to make their own ultra low-profile model

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #2,410 of 3,208

Quote:
Yeah, right angle LODs are great for pocket space. I wish I could find one that's super-inexpensive like the FiiO LODs... maybe FiiO needs to make their own ultra low-profile model

It couldn't be too hard to crack open a cheap FiiO LOD, dremel a hole on the side, run the cable through that, and install a Neutrik 90 degree $5 plug, would it?

The baby-rig can still clip onto my shirt, it does feel a bit awkward though. I'm not to sure about why not many people use velcro for their rigs; its so ideal and, given the crazy rubberbandness of many rigs, they don't seem to be taken part much either. I guess I can be considered a 'casual' audiophile though.

Feb 11, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #2,413 of 3,208

Quote:
when they make nanos that small with 64GB + storage I will be all over it!

It wouldn't have EQu or Equalizer though!
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back