Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Feb 12, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #2,431 of 3,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead /img/forum/go_quote.gifI

have to agree. I've been a big advocate of Rockbox on my Sansa players, but with the EQu and Equalizer apps, there's no need for Rockbox on my Touch 4G.

Pics, you say? Just arrived in the mail today, but not yet installed......

I have the Otterbox Defender and love the protection it provides. One major thing it has going for it, is the plastic screen cover vs. those thin n' floppy screen covers that are available everywhere. If I'm ever able to get a dedicated LOD/AMP for it though, I may have to consider cutting off the LOD/HP port covers.

Feb 12, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #2,433 of 3,208

Quote:

I've never had good luck with screen shields and bubbles.
redface.gif
So the one that came with the Otterbox still sits on my desk, until such time when I feel more confident in applying it without bubbles.

http://lifehacker.com/#!5757511/how-can-i-apply-a-screen-protector-on-my-phone-without-all-the-bubbles-or-debris

Quote:
What's the silicone on the Otterboxes like? Is it a total dust/lint magnet? 

Actually it really isn't and I live in a very dusty, desert climate. 

Feb 12, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #2,434 of 3,208

Quote:

Has anyone ever got any interesting reactions or comments from fellow users of public transportation?

Yes - But not about my portable music gear
darthsmile.gif

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #2,435 of 3,208

Quote:
What's the silicone on the Otterboxes like? Is it a total dust/lint magnet? 

[size=medium]
Yeah, kinda. Nothing a 2 second rinse under the sink can't fix. The worst parts are around the screen edges and in the camera areas. But, just knowing that none of it is actually touching my iPod screen, gives me piece of mind. I don't do much with photography, so the cameras don't bother me.
[/size]

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #2,436 of 3,208
Sansa Fuze 8gb (16gb SDHC) v1 Rockbox, Fiio E5 w/ L6 cable  Klipsch x10 with custom molds from Starky Labs.

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #2,438 of 3,208

Quote:
How'd you get the LOD to work with RB? I have the same three items, although mine is the V2 Fuze.. 

Currently, you can only use the line out with Rockbox on a V1 Fuze. Sad, since i have a Rockboxed V2 Fuze and a Fiio L6 that I'd love to use but can't.

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #2,439 of 3,208

Quote:
How'd you get the LOD to work with RB? I have the same three items, although mine is the V2 Fuze.. 

The catch is the volume wheel still works while using the LOD.  At -73db that is a pretty good volume on the play with the amp all the way up.  I do hope in future releases they disable the volume wheel.

I also have a Clip+ with RB sadly it's not as great as on the Fuze v1.

Feb 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #2,441 of 3,208
Amazing picture Salent! Having that sort of antique look with the Grados makes a lot of sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back