Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Apr 22, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #5,087 of 5,950
I personally think Blasto_Brandino (aka Battle Brat on Anythingbutipod.com???) should learn to keep his feelings out of the thread, especially since dfkt is a known wise-azz, and a great source of info as well. I see he did a great job of polorizing the forums - and this thread has livened up a bit, eh???
popcorn.gif

BTW: I'll be posting a pic or 2 in the next few days myself, as a new X-1000 will hopefully be in my future!!! Wish me luck w/a price match!!!
beerchug.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #5,088 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"worse than vomit-inducing", got a lot of mileage out of that one, lol

Showoff!

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #5,089 of 5,950
I would like to defend Monster. If they were a "bunch of con-artist scammer's", they would not have become a multi-billion dollar company. They put out quality products and have great customer service and continue striving for excellence!! IMHO charging $200 for a LOD or a mini to mini is more of a scam than $200 for an HDMI. I've partied with quite a few of them, even K. Lee, numerous times when they were in town for CES and they're all good humble peoples who work hard. At one of the events I was at Noel's table speaking with him and he's even still trying to improve and come out with new innovative products himself. The man's a billionaire and doesn't have to do that but he does because he cares about what he stamps his name on.

(I'm just giving my opinion from my experiences with Monster. I'm not trying to say someone else's opinion or statement is wrong)

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #5,090 of 5,950
My input on this whole altercation... I do agree with dfkt on both counts - the MTPGs are unnecessarily flashy, loud and altogether unappealing, and that while I have no reservations about the quality of their cables, I don't have reservations about generic 25 dollar HDMI cables either. 'rip-off con-artist scammers', however, is definitely defamatory, regardless of how much truth there is in the statement (by the way, I'd like to see how dfkt describes Denon's $500 ethernet cable :p) and maybe if Blasto had explained that in his first reply instead of '^ Troll', we would be avoiding all of this.

The more vomit-inducing thing on this thread is how so many people instantly start defending dfkt without even considering whether maybe Blasto has a valid point. I realize the dude's been around here for ages and has built up quite a reputation, but that doesn't automatically make everything he says acceptable or unassailable, man. If you take a step back and look at it, it reeks a little bit of blind ass-kissing at certain points on this thread.

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #5,091 of 5,950
The basic difference between and LOD/mini to mini and an HDMI cable is that one transmits an analog signal and the other - digital.

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #5,092 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally think Blasto_Brandino (aka Battle Brat on Anythingbutipod.com???) should learn to keep his feelings out of the thread, especially since dfkt is a known wise-azz, and a great source of info as well.

Why? It's an internet board. He is more then entitled to state his opinion just as dfkt was with his comment.

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #5,093 of 5,950
Just ordered a cheap amp, the lisa will take a few weeks, will have pics up when it arrives.

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #5,094 of 5,950
>they're all good humble peoples who work hard.

Especially the legal team who work hard threatening small and large businesses alike with silly trademark lawsuits..trying to bully people who can't afford to be in a lawsuit even when they know they've done nothing wrong..
they work hard

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #5,095 of 5,950
PICTURES!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #5,096 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggroll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to defend Monster. If they were a "bunch of con-artist scammer's", they would not have become a multi-billion dollar company. They put out quality products and have great customer service and continue striving for excellence!! IMHO charging $200 for a LOD or a mini to mini is more of a scam than $200 for an HDMI. I've partied with quite a few of them, even K. Lee, numerous times when they were in town for CES and they're all good humble peoples who work hard. At one of the events I was at Noel's table speaking with him and he's even still trying to improve and come out with new innovative products himself. The man's a billionaire and doesn't have to do that but he does because he cares about what he stamps his name on.

(I'm just giving my opinion from my experiences with Monster. I'm not trying to say someone else's opinion or statement is wrong)

I haven't heard any of the Monster IEMs or even seen them in real life, so I won't comment on their sonic or visual qualities. But here's a short observation that made me kind of wonder. When the MTPC came out in Europe in January, they cost about €170-190 from online stores. A few weeks later, after some positive reviews here on Head-Fi, they suddely shot up to €270 or higher. This happened in unison and virtually overnight, so I can't think of any other explanation apart from Monster upping the MSRP by a whopping 100 euros. Well, I know it's a free market and I wasn't to buy them anyway, but nevertheless I was quite taken aback. I've been monitoring the IEM market for quite some time (and buying far too many phones along the way), but never seen anything like this before.

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #5,097 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... Wasn't expecting to do my daily read of this thread and see a post quote that old!

I no longer have my D2, however I can give you a little information... But i'm not up to date with firmware versions or current versions of mods, themes or flash skins.

Firstly, it's a flash skin, not sure if you knew or not... Plenty can be found on the D2 section of the Cowon forums, with a thread of finished now playing screen skins here. The theme I was using was iCowon 2.0, but I believe there is now an iCowon 3.0, maybe even a 4.0?

There also used to be some iPod Touch based menu themes, have a look here, you may find one.

There are also completed menu themes for the D2+ here. If you have a D2, and not a D2+, but like a D2+ theme you can use it if you install D2+ firmware, see the tuorial here... I reccomend it, the stock D2+ theme is nicer than the original standard D2 theme, and you get better BBE, along with some other things.

Have a browse around the D2 section of the Cowon forums anyway, particularly the firmware section, and the themes and flash skins section.

Sorry, that is the best I can do, I can't remember too great how to install flash skins properly, or the flash skin swapper utility, however if you have any problems, PM me here and you'll probably jog my memory enough for me to help you overcome any issues.

Hope that was of some help,

Thanks alot
beerchug.gif

Matt

thanks your awesome !!!
darthsmile.gif

going to get my UE10's out now !!

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #5,098 of 5,950
Monster are well known for their in-store demonstration scam - where they showed two TVs and claimed one was a monster HDMI and one was a generic HDMI... when in fact one was a monster HDMI and the other a composite cable!

If true (and there were a lot of varied reports of this, including from whistle blowers who worked in the stores) then I would say it is impossible to disagree that "scammers" and "con artists" is an accurate and non-libellous description.

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #5,099 of 5,950
Can't we just let this comment pass without criticizing it?I don't like the bling of the golds,the monster copper is better but I certainly won't bash it this heavy and with such wording,but DFKT is just expressing opinion and you don't have to judge him.
As far as pricing,I was also amazed by the increase in price and all retailers now sell it for $370(the copper) which is a rippoff because they benefit from the increased sales and popularity.

Apr 23, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #5,100 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Upload your photo's to a photo storing site, (Photobucket, Flicker, Image Shack, etc.). Copy the link from the site, and surround it with the
tags.

You can upload your pics to THIS site...and then use the URL from your personal gallery to post pics into threads.

Which guys... is what this thread is all about.

It seems the two original posters who got into a spat have kissed and made up (or at least dropped the issue) and it is now continuing without them.

Can we get back to pictures of rigs? Pretty please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back