Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Apr 22, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #5,071 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Ugly as hell to us is damn sure not ugly as hell to teenagers and kids in college. (I like how I said that but I'm only 18
tongue.gif
).

Anyway, I'm sure there is worse posted about Bose and Skullcandy headphones over in the massive Bose bashing threads or whatever, I don't see why people here need to get all worked up about someone's opinion.

Sure it wasn't the nicest but if you need verification for yourself, you could always just A) Read up on the phones for yourself and see if they are in fact "vomit-inducing" or B) Go read reviews of them and see what others who have listened to them have to say. I have no intention on getting them anyway so it didn't really bother me.

People aren't going to think the same as you do; I"m sure if some of us here listened to each other's equipment we'd think negatively about some of it as well. Just because dfkt posted his opinions doesn't mean he's a "bad guy".

Just my 2 cents.
But here's some pics of my newly finished rig; all I need now is a new interconnect
smily_headphones1.gif

I really should take the time out to post some nice pics outside or something; these just don't look that great :/

What's wrong with your current interconnect?

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #5,072 of 5,950
How can anyone get angry at dfkt calling Monster "a company of rip-off con-artist cable scammers" when that is exactly what they are? You have seen the $200+ HDMI cables that perform no better than their unbranded $10 counterparts have you not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blasto_Brandino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The definition of defamatory is " Containing defamation; injurious to reputation; slanderous or libelous" What he said was injurious to Monster Cables reputation, you cannot argue that is wasn't, if he had typed that in a newspaper as a reporter, Monster Cable would've perused legal action.

The fact that there is PROOF that Monster sells over priced, over marketed, even blatant lying in their advertisement really makes you look like a fool. There have been several studies done showing comparisons as well as in depth scientific comparison of cheap cables and monster cables showing that Monster is an overpriced garbage brand.

Do some research.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #5,073 of 5,950
Hey shigzeo-
You should try to have a listen to the new JVC FX700's... they continue all the strengths of the FX500's and take them to a new level. I'm loving my pair.

DSC05306.jpg

DSC05305.jpg

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #5,074 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry that I'm the one to say it, but the Monster IEMs are worse than vomit-inducing. I've never seen anything fuglier than those damn things, no matter what acronym is going for the most current ones. Why a company of rip-off con-artist cable scammers have to choose that design for their IEMs is quite beyond me.

Honestly I only have issues with the color of their IEMs...The original dark gray color of the turbine was way better than these
WHY should I wear a big gold bling in my ears?
I have no problems with the shape itself.
Overall I like the look of the Golds, but it'd be better if they were kinda more moderate...
But I can deal with it cos they sound pretty good for me...

They are not that bad in real though...you can get a little attention wearing them but nothing serious. (for example I wont feel safe going outside with some sckullcandys on
tongue.gif
)
I only had one funny moment with them: a guy was looking at me for a second and I could see his face when he realized those are earphones
icon10.gif
...Nothing else...Many people dont even realize them...

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #5,075 of 5,950
Quote:

^Ugly as hell to us is damn sure not ugly as hell to teenagers and kids in college. (I like how I said that but I'm only 18
tongue.gif
).

Anyway, I'm sure there is worse posted about Bose and Skullcandy headphones over in the massive Bose bashing threads or whatever, I don't see why people here need to get all worked up about someone's opinion.

Sure it wasn't the nicest but if you need verification for yourself, you could always just A) Read up on the phones for yourself and see if they are in fact "vomit-inducing" or B) Go read reviews of them and see what others who have listened to them have to say. I have no intention on getting them anyway so it didn't really bother me.

People aren't going to think the same as you do; I"m sure if some of us here listened to each other's equipment we'd think negatively about some of it as well. Just because dfkt posted his opinions doesn't mean he's a "bad guy".

Just my 2 cents.

My point exactly, kids got no style
tongue.gif
, and Monster knows how to milk this.

Ah well, better post a picture rather than keep on jabbing non-sense.

SDIM0628.jpg

It hasn't changed anything since last I posted, but that's just because I like it so.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #5,078 of 5,950
I still need to figure out how to multi quote so until then:

rawster: I'm a pretty bad photographer as well as people can probably tell from all of my pics. You just have to throw some light at it and the pictures should look better :]

Absolutely. I'm going to take everything outside probably.... today since it's nice out and take some pics while listening or something.

shigzeo: What's wrong with your current interconnect? Well it works just fine but last year I dropped my rig (stupid I know) and LUCKILY the force was exerted on the plug and amp instead of directly on the amp or DAP. Both pieces of equipment left without a scratch (lucky know) but the cable connector is bent on one side halfway down. It doesn't plug all the way into ports anymore :/

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #5,079 of 5,950
carlosfandango-albums-ipod-60gb-ibasso-picture5013-dsc-6148.jpg

Merely because I haven't posted a pic in a few weeks.

Contemplating my next upgrade.

Emmeline, The Protector. I like the look of the price.

Then I'll be needing IEM's I can balance.

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #5,082 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bilde1-13.png

Click it for each post you want to quote, then click 'Quote' on either of the posts. Done
smily_headphones1.gif

!!! It even tells me that when I hover the mouse over the icon! Wow I've been here for almost 2 years and I had no idea haha. I thought it had something to do with html in the text box....
Thanks a bunch.

Now um...>_> I don't suppose you could tell me how to insert pictures into the messages? I only know how to upload them as attachments :/

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #5,083 of 5,950
Quote:

!!! It even tells me that when I hover the mouse over the icon! Wow I've been here for almost 2 years and I had no idea haha. I thought it had something to do with html in the text box....
Thanks a bunch.

Now um...>_> I don't suppose you could tell me how to insert pictures into the messages? I only know how to upload them as attachments :/

Upload your photo's to a photo storing site, (Photobucket, Flicker, Image Shack, etc.). Copy the link from the site, and surround it with the
tags.

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #5,084 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry that I'm the one to say it, but the Monster IEMs are worse than vomit-inducing. I've never seen anything fuglier than those damn things, no matter what acronym is going for the most current ones. Why a company of rip-off con-artist cable scammers have to choose that design for their IEMs is quite beyond me.

Quote:

^ Troll

Quote:

Originally Posted by maporter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blasto_Brandino, refering to dfkt as a troll isn't a comment likely to make you many friends around here, dfkt is probably the one Head-Fi member to contribute most to this site - His views, reviews and opinions are generally well respected by many, both here and on the Anything But iPod forum.

Quote:

I'm sorry, I don't believe someone should bash equipment they don't personally own, especially using such vulgar terms, there are quite a few people in this forum who use Monster IEM's and I don't believe they would appreciate his comments. Saying you do not like how something is designed is one thing, describing it as "Vomit-inducing" and that they are made by "rip-off con-artist cable scammers" I'm afraid is COMPLETELY unnecessary, and uncalled for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's called an opinion. Something that you shouldn't have to take so personally. Quite frankly, it's silly that you have to be so upset about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Abusive? ..and Defamatory? How were his remarks 'personal attack' or 'verbally malicious'? Since they weren't, no way would that violate the policy here. It's not like he insulted you or threatened you...All he did was simply expressed his opinion despite being distasteful and you have completely taken it out of context.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was a bit surprised by that comment too - this is just a 'show me' thread, not an impressions, review, or libel thread. Go to the F103 for that. DFKT: sorry mate, got to disagree with your sudden and uncalled for attack there. Even if I hated Monster's earphones, I'd not take that post lightly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see anything controversial. dfkt is known for his "take no prisoners" assessments of audio gear and most people realise it is done with a sense of humour and not to be taken personally.

That's just his style and it's actually quite funny if you don't get too precious if your own gear comes into the targets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negakinu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always imagine Dfkt looking exactely like his avatar in real life. Almost every post I see from him is some grumpy one-liner.
smily_headphones1.gif

dfkt-28295.gif
"Damn ugly vomit-inducing kids get off my lawn!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems to work for Skullcandy, so why not?

Ugly as hell seems to sell.

Quote:

tongue.gif
).

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with the Monster iem's being very ugly as there is no argument from me. I've heard them all and the sound is good but quite ugly imo. I don't quite like the con artist and scammer choice of wording however

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can anyone get angry at dfkt calling Monster "a company of rip-off con-artist cable scammers" when that is exactly what they are? You have seen the $200+ HDMI cables that perform no better than their unbranded $10 counterparts have you not?

The fact that there is PROOF that Monster sells over priced, over marketed, even blatant lying in their advertisement really makes you look like a fool. There have been several studies done showing comparisons as well as in depth scientific comparison of cheap cables and monster cables showing that Monster is an overpriced garbage brand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by attika89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly I only have issues with the color of their IEMs...The original dark gray color of the turbine was way better than these
WHY should I wear a big gold bling in my ears?
I have no problems with the shape itself.
Overall I like the look of the Golds, but it'd be better if they were kinda more moderate...
But I can deal with it cos they sound pretty good for me...

They are not that bad in real though...you can get a little attention wearing them but nothing serious. (for example I wont feel safe going outside with some sckullcandys on
tongue.gif
)
I only had one funny moment with them: a guy was looking at me for a second and I could see his face when he realized those are earphones
icon10.gif
...Nothing else...Many people dont even realize them...

Quote:

Originally Posted by attika89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys I feel really bad cos I started an avalanche with the pic from the MTPG...I promise I'll never post a single pic from them again....(honestly you made me want to get rid of them)

"worse than vomit-inducing", got a lot of mileage out of that one, lol

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #5,085 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by seekadds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hello_kitty_earbuds_zales.jpg

oh yes! they sound as cute as they look.

Just curious, dfkt, what would you consider an "attractive" IEM to be?

Surely not these "Hello Kittys" (at least I hope not), perhaps something like the IE8 or the PS200? Hopefully not the Triple.fi 10s either, perhaps you like the curves of an SE530, or the sleek NE-7Ms? Perhaps the silver-bullet industrial look of the e-Q7s then?

At least one inquiring mind would like to know what sense of aesthetics you actually do appreciate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back