Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Apr 21, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #5,041 of 5,950
Sorry that I'm the one to say it, but the Monster IEMs are worse than vomit-inducing. I've never seen anything fuglier than those damn things, no matter what acronym is going for the most current ones. Why a company of rip-off con-artist cable scammers have to choose that design for their IEMs is quite beyond me.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #5,042 of 5,950
Very nice rawster
smily_headphones1.gif
Are you thinking about getting a portable amp any time soon?

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #5,043 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rawrster, which IEM's are at the 6 o'clock position in your pic?

Audio Technica CK90PRO

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry that I'm the one to say it, but the Monster IEMs are worse than vomit-inducing. I've never seen anything fuglier than those damn things, no matter what acronym is going for the most current ones. Why a company of rip-off con-artist cable scammers have to choose that design for their IEMs is quite beyond me.

Oh I bet you might have enjoyed my little write up somewhere mentioning the MD's then if you think that way. The Gold's aren't so bad in comparison however.

edit: Young Spade: I have no intentions of getting a portable amp ever again. That doesn't mean I don't see the value in it I just like my setup to be as portable as possible and don't really want to deal with more cables, weight and size than I have to. Maybe that will change one day if I ever buy a D4 or something but that probably is not very likely.

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #5,044 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio Technica CK90PRO

Oh I bet you might have enjoyed my little write up somewhere mentioning the MD's then if you think that way. The Gold's aren't so bad in comparison however.

edit: Young Spade: I have no intentions of getting a portable amp ever again. That doesn't mean I don't see the value in it I just like my setup to be as portable as possible and don't really want to deal with more cables, weight and size than I have to. Maybe that will change one day if I ever buy a D4 or something but that probably is not very likely.

If you want an amazing small amp with plenty of options, I suggest the Arrow 12HE. The Arrow's dimensions are (3.8" x 2" x 0.3" ; 2.6 oz) and your Fuze is (3.1" x 1.9" x 0.3" ; 2.1 oz) & Sansa E260 (3.5" x 1.7" x 0.5" ; 2.6 oz) which isn't much different so you'll have a very light compatible footprint. My MTPC sound's incredible with the arrow and it's not even connected with a LOD yet! I'm sure the Fuze/Arrow/MTPMD combo will be amazing!!

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #5,045 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

^ Troll

@Rawster

My friend got the MD's for her father, they look SLICK. You plan on picking up the copper turbines?

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #5,046 of 5,950
After hearing the top 3 iem offerings that Monster has to offer I will not be buying any of them.

Eggroll: I just don't really want to amp them. I do more listening on my netbook than my fuze so I don't see to much a point in getting an amp only product. If it was a dac/amp then I might consider it but for now I don't see myself purchasing much in the future in terms of audio purchases. The MD's also are not mine so no longer in my possession.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #5,047 of 5,950
@rawrster
That bad huh? what do you think of Etymotic Research?

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #5,048 of 5,950
I did not say they were bad but maybe a poor choice of wording. They are all good in their own right but not for me. They also are in no way an upgrade over what I currently have so I have no desire to purchase them. I actually put up a review not too long ago with 2 of them and they are quite good. I don't see myself buying any universal iem's in the near future.

ER6i was my first iem and I loved them. I do want to hear the ER4P/S but won;t ever buy them either.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #5,049 of 5,950
The ER6 (there was no "i" when I bought mine they were just the ER6's I'd kill for another pair) were my first REAL IEM's too, broke my heart when the right side went out.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #5,050 of 5,950
I have my original ER-6is from back when they first came out, forever ago. Updated them recently with some custom tips, but still only listen to them occasionally. Here's my question: the cable used to be white; is the plastic insulation fading or discoloring, or is the copper cable oxidizing and the rust bleeding through?

SANY0123.JPG

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #5,051 of 5,950
DP, sorry

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #5,052 of 5,950
I'm pretty sure it is the plastic, if it was the copper, the discoloration would be green, not pink. My cheap white sony workbuds discolored the same way

BTW how much did the custom tips run you?

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #5,054 of 5,950
Blasto_Brandino;6577082 said:
^ Troll

Blasto_Brandino, refering to dfkt as a troll isn't a comment likely to make you many friends around here, dfkt is probably the one Head-Fi member to contribute most to this site - His views, reviews and opinions are generally well respected by many, both here and on the Anything But iPod forum.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #5,055 of 5,950
I'm sorry, I don't believe someone should bash equipment they don't personally own, especially using such vulgar terms, there are quite a few people in this forum who use Monster IEM's and I don't believe they would appreciate his comments. Saying you do not like how something is designed is one thing, describing it as "Vomit-inducing" and that they are made by "rip-off con-artist cable scammers" I'm afraid is COMPLETELY unnecessary, and uncalled for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back