Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Feb 24, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #1,876 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Telix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no idea how you have kept that thing so clean. Sick setup.

I wore sanitized gloves all the time.....LOL
ph34r.gif
tongue.gif

nah, for pics I normally make sure they are free of fingerprints and gets proper lighting for the camera.

And yes I am quite an anal for keeping the rigs from fingerprints

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #1,877 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) How do you like the Klipsch's anyways? bass is good? isolation is good?
2) why do you have the Samsung AND the Cowon?

First off, great Stern show reference name. I've been a fan for 16 years and probably the ONLY Eric the Midget fan.

1. Well, I've only had the Custom 3's about 2 days now and I am totally blown away. I sampled the Custom 1 and Custom 2 in Guitar Center and both don't even come close. I feel a little guilty spending $300 on ear buds but they are literally awesome. Bass is fantastic, not over blown or mushy sounding. Tight, accurate, beautiful deep tones I can feel in my chest. Isolation is great, remember, the tips are actually OVAL shaped and need to be inserted into you ears "vertically". They are not round, FYI. I saw this on a youtube 'Klipsch Tour' before and it is true. As far as IEM's go I went from the cheapo Sony purple around the ear -> Skull Candy smokin buds -> V-Moda Vibes -> Klipsch Custom 3.

2. I bought the Samsung years and years ago. It's only 512MB. At the time I bought that Cowon U2 I wanted something with more space and really made a knee-jerk decision to buy it after reading a cnet review. Not that I'm complaining, it's my favorite player.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #1,878 of 5,950
Just got my new "super high quality" $40 3ft extension cable and the connectors match my SE530s beautifully!!!
gedc0957.jpg

gedc0960.jpg

gedc0962.jpg

The cable is about as or thicker than a standard ethernet cable. It gives me that piece of mind that it wont short out easily also I swear there is a sound quality increase. My SE530's sound more fuller, maybe physiological.

Feb 24, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #1,879 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First off, great Stern show reference name. I've been a fan for 16 years and probably the ONLY Eric the Midget fan.

1. Well, I've only had the Custom 3's about 2 days now and I am totally blown away. I sampled the Custom 1 and Custom 2 in Guitar Center and both don't even come close. I feel a little guilty spending $300 on ear buds but they are literally awesome. Bass is fantastic, not over blown or mushy sounding. Tight, accurate, beautiful deep tones I can feel in my chest. Isolation is great, remember, the tips are actually OVAL shaped and need to be inserted into you ears "vertically". They are not round, FYI. I saw this on a youtube 'Klipsch Tour' before and it is true. As far as IEM's go I went from the cheapo Sony purple around the ear -> Skull Candy smokin buds -> V-Moda Vibes -> Klipsch Custom 3.

2. I bought the Samsung years and years ago. It's only 512MB. At the time I bought that Cowon U2 I wanted something with more space and really made a knee-jerk decision to buy it after reading a cnet review. Not that I'm complaining, it's my favorite player.
smily_headphones1.gif

haha I like Eric in small doses, but the fact that they spend an hour on him 3-4 days a week can get somewhat tiring...but then again, you gotta do SOMETHING to fill up a 4 1/2 hour radio show :p
Thanks for the info, maybe they'll be my next move up from my C551's(or the Audeo PFE's...not sure :p)

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #1,880 of 5,950
P2241531.jpg

P2241533.jpg

4gb DAB D2 with 40gb in SD's -> Tomahawk -> Livewires

Small. Sounds even better now, and even worth the extra bulk for a change (amp changes sound for the better, more than I thought it would, and tinier than anything I've used before!) Not sure if I can face looking uber-uber nerdy on the school bus though Also got a 4gb black broken D2 (non dab with DAB casing! The white one is DAB with non-DAB casing!) which I use for parts/testing non DMB/DAB stuff. Sometimes use my MX500 buds in school. Interconnect thanks to CaptainOdegard, amp thanks to Sleestack

Next the Toma will be slid down, in line flush with the back edge of the D2, and a small interconnect will be made... The it will be pretty close to cubic and very pocketable... No buldge on the end/minimal anyway.

Matt

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #1,885 of 5,950
The first step:
Creative Zen Touch + Sharp MD33's (Entry level rig. That Zen used to be the best thing around. Shame they don't make 'em as good anymore):
aka53c.jpg

The second step:
Sony S638F + Shure SE310's
a9o6d0.jpg

Feb 25, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #1,887 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/Baines93/P2241531.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...3/P2241533.jpg

Small. Sounds even better now, and even worth the extra bulk for a change (amp changes sound for the better, more than I thought it would, and tinier than anything I've used before!) Not sure if I can face looking uber-uber nerdy on the school bus though Also got a 4gb black broken D2 (non dab with DAB casing! The white one is DAB with non-DAB casing!) which I use for parts/testing non DMB/DAB stuff. Sometimes use my MX500 buds in school. Interconnect thanks to CaptainOdegard, amp thanks to Sleestack

Next the Toma will be slid down, in line flush with the back edge of the D2, and a small interconnect will be made... The it will be pretty close to cubic and very pocketable... No buldge on the end/minimal anyway.

Matt

I'm still waiting for mine, lucky
frown.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #1,889 of 5,950
Quote:

P2241531.jpg

P2241533.jpg

Matt

wood cable is interesting
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #1,890 of 5,950
Quote:

Won in Sleestack's competition
biggrin.gif

Will be passing on a couple of Cmoy's soon, maybe this "interconnect" (hard to call it a cable, or IC, more like a plug
tongue.gif
) if I make a better suited one, so keep any eye out
smily_headphones1.gif

speaking of that; havent heard from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back