Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Feb 25, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #1,891 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my new "super high quality" $40 3ft extension cable and the connectors match my SE530s beautifully!!!
[MG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1932/gedc0957.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4467/gedc0960.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4273/gedc0962.jpg[/IMG]
The cable is about as or thicker than a standard ethernet cable. It gives me that piece of mind that it wont short out easily also I swear there is a sound quality increase. My SE530's sound more fuller, maybe physiological.

i'd watch it with that interconnect on the SE530 if I were you. using one that heavy may not break itself, but the extra weight is likely to exacerbate the already vulnerable cable issue. likely to damage the wire up at the strain-relief on the IEM itself; then you'll be left with no option but to recable or replace them. you could rig up a clip to clip to your shirt to take the weight/strain. as it is you are asking for trouble IMO

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #1,892 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'd watch it with that interconnect on the SE530 if I were you. using one that heavy may not break itself, but the extra weight is likely to exacerbate the already vulnerable cable issue. likely to damage the wire up at the strain-relief on the IEM itself; then you'll be left with no option but to recable or replace them. you could rig up a clip to clip to your shirt to take the weight/strain. as it is you are asking for trouble IMO

The cable and the interconnect are very durable and look heavier then they really are....The interconnect probably has a strain protection because it is very, very, very easy to disconnect my 530's from the extension cable's female connector. A slight very slight tug will expose the 3.5mm jack and cut out one ear. This is not a problem when I am using the 530's regularly since they never disconnect unless force is focused on that one area. So that means the weight of the cable is not enough to disconnect the 530s when they dangle in mid-air therefore not enough weight to do damage to anything. Also my 530's go over my ear which means my ear is a strain relief. When I intentionally pull the wire of my 530's my ear gets all of the force and my 530's remain snug in my ear meaning the force isn't reaching the earphone itself. But, yeah thanks for noticing!

Feb 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #1,893 of 5,950
Wooden Interconnect!..awesome...

is that DIY?

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #1,895 of 5,950
Yeppp ^
biggrin.gif

Very nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #1,897 of 5,950
touch_vtg.jpg

Feb 26, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #1,899 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cable and the interconnect are very durable and look heavier then they really are....The interconnect probably has a strain protection because it is very, very, very easy to disconnect my 530's from the extension cable's female connector. A slight very slight tug will expose the 3.5mm jack and cut out one ear. This is not a problem when I am using the 530's regularly since they never disconnect unless force is focused on that one area. So that means the weight of the cable is not enough to disconnect the 530s when they dangle in mid-air therefore not enough weight to do damage to anything. Also my 530's go over my ear which means my ear is a strain relief. When I intentionally pull the wire of my 530's my ear gets all of the force and my 530's remain snug in my ear meaning the force isn't reaching the earphone itself. But, yeah thanks for noticing!

not worried about the interconnect; worried about the SE530 I only mentioned it because I did the same thing but with a jena cable (I made with 22AWG, so not as chunky as yours) and this was enough to cause troubles. so i'm speaking from experience both as a cable builder and SE530 owner. maybe get some of those ear-guides that phonak are selling if you dont want to add a clip

Feb 26, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #1,900 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hard to call it a cable too haha!
tongue.gif

And, qusp, I thought you were getting back to me (again?)
tongue.gif

I'll PM you tomorrow man. Off to bed now.

must've got deleted with the server update the other day

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #1,905 of 5,950
Why coming from yourself that's praise indeed, thankyou.

It's a Panasonic 50k Pot for variable bass. I did start using Vishays but you can't get the money back for them. I've still got some boards and stuff if you want a crack at one.

Inside - Sorry about the poor pics.

P1000424.jpg

Vishay version (nicer)

DCP_0755.jpg

DCP_0754.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back