Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jan 4, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #1,111 of 5,950
Well, I must admit I primarily bought them for their looks, there just isn't anything else like them out there. soundwise they're not bad either, detailed, balanced, quite neutral but still sort of "rich". No bass-monsters, no mid-range-champs and no treble-kings, but rather perfect portable all-rounders (for my use at least). They are sounding a bit plasticky stock, but with a little polyester foam glued to the inside of the cup, most of the resonance is gone, and some warmth is gained. Build quality is sup par, I get the impression that I used most of my money to get good sound quality, and not sturdiness. I've had them for 4 months, I think, no signs of weaknesses.
A really decent set of cans for the prize. (cost me $100 inc. all shipped from Honk Kong)

I checked bass again, and they've got full control. Jack johnson is only pleasure. Haven't tried any really fast music, especially fast bass, that I can remember, I guess I prefer down-tempo.

I'm planning a little review, maybe I'll write it tomorrow. Haven't got anything to compare them with except GS1000 and triports, though the triports might may finally be of use again, most likely being shattered by half priced cans.

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #1,112 of 5,950
^Thanks. I'll be looking out for a review, that would be great. Considering picking up a pair for portable use, ALO has a modified version recabled w/SXC Cryo and padded for $250. It's either those or a stock ESW9 (see sig), which are $50 more. So I was wondering which one to go with, since they're similar in price.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #1,113 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think nobody dares to quote your picture and express their admiration of your amp, Ødegård.
Too bad really, because it is really good looking. thought about treating it, maybe some oil?

Its already drying off some oil i treated it with yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif
Just had to snap a few pics before leaving it for days to dry
frown.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #1,114 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by imademymark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
audiorigmedap4.jpg

here's four pics in one :)

Whats that two brush mats on top of pico?

to clean your shoes while in a rush?

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #1,118 of 5,950
headphile808, since I have heard neither Audio-Technica ESW9 or ALO SXC ATH-SQ5 I can't really recommend either of them, but I can repeat that SQ5 improved quite a bit with my simple mod, so a professionally fixed pair might have improved immensely. I am for the sake of it pondering on purchasing the ESW9 myself, they're some serious beauties, in my case it's the fact that ESW9 is supra aural that keep me from buying them, I've always preferred circum aurals.

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #1,119 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What amp is in the box Cap'n?

Same old modded fiio E3 :/
I love DIYing stuff, but being A student I can't really afford putting something decent inside what I make (or buy exotic wood) so its the same old pine wood with the same old reused fiio xD

Jan 4, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #1,122 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you've got some really decent stuff In your photo gallery.
I especially liked this:
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...h/degrdLOD.jpg
so minimalistic. iPod-connector/3 wires/jack. no fuss

Not very pretty though. I have several other LODs the same size that use connector cases without adding bulk compared to that.

Jan 4, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #1,124 of 5,950
old rig
100_1463.jpg

new rig
P1040680-1.jpg

Old rig was a classic 160ipod>alo bling bling>Tomahawk>ue-11 pro.
New rig classic 120>custom copper/silver lod>Pico dac>ue-11 pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back