Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jan 4, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #1,126 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did you swap for a newer but smaller capacity Classic then?

Nice UE's... May I haz?

hahaha
too bad they're customs
wink.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #1,127 of 5,950
Nice rigs everyone. I saved about 100 pictures from this thread haha.

But right now I'm almost done with my rig so I'll post pics later.

1G 16GB Touch -> Gold/Copper LOD (Thanks Lil; Knight)-> iBasso T4 -> Super.fi 5 v2

Jan 5, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #1,129 of 5,950
Just my s9 and hd595s for now. Had a really bad pair of iems in the past which put me off. Got soundmagic pl30+Fiio E5 on order to see if I can change my mind before spending any real money on them. The 595s really need an amp with this player.
25zt8d4.jpg

24gow3b.jpg

Jan 5, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #1,130 of 5,950
^Nice Rig. That statue is sweet. So is the S9.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 5, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #1,131 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did you swap for a newer but smaller capacity Classic then?

Nice UE's... May I haz?

Because I was stupid and sold my amp and ipod. Then when I realized what I did and missed it I was not able to find a 160 for a good price. Paid less than 200 brand new for the Ipod.

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #1,134 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking at that case (jollyeskimo's) just two days ago in an ilounge first look article. Looks very nice, however they said the case takles a bit of work to get on and off. Nice to see it in a rig though

Took me 3 tries to get it on perfectly... not an easy task.

Other gripes:
- the logo on the back also adds a bit of thickness to the back if stacked on something.
- the dock connector area prevents certain shaped LODs from being used.
- a lot of 3.5mm plugs won't fit into the jack because of the case
- dust gets into the space between the case and the silicone skin... I've been meaning to clean it out, but I dread having to take off and reapply the case.
- the two plastic pieces creak a slight bit

Don't get me wrong, I love the case and how it looks, but it works better if keep the rig as simple as possible with that case. If I wanted to do it proper, I'd probably get an Incase Slider.

Jan 5, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #1,136 of 5,950
nice work on the koss captain. almost unrecognizable actually totally. but that looks like after all that modding youve used the stock cable
confused.gif
did you??

Jan 5, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #1,137 of 5,950
Incredible rig, Captain. Basic components treated with so much love. I've never seen anything like this before. Applause! We have a successor of Headphile Larry here.

How does this Koss sound? Have you drilled the driver covers?

Cap, is it time to invest your efforts into some higher gear? I see DT770 at your profile - great basis for serious modder.

Jan 5, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #1,138 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like after all that modding youve used the stock cable
confused.gif
did you??

Sure, cable material makes no difference whatsoever. Why would i spend time and money making a stiff cable you can use as a weapon when the stock cable is so low profile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does this Koss sound? Have you drilled the driver covers?

Cap, is it time to invest your efforts into some higher gear? I see DT770 at your profile - great basis for serious modder.

Haven't listened to them, I just made them for the fun of it. I make a lot of **** I end up never using, love making stuff but i always make more than I can use. "can i mill out 18mm thick pine to fit an amp?" turns out I can. "can i make wooden ksc75s using ur40 parts?" turns out i can do that too.
Though at the end of the day I put them up for decoration and use my V3 frankenfiio and Dt770 instead. Might not look as good, but sounds better and more practical. The DIY part is my hobby more than the audio part, that's also why I use basic components. I won't touch the DT770 though, they are my babies and I wouldnt risk them <3

Jan 5, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #1,139 of 5,950
Captain Ødegård, it is a cool rig!

Jan 5, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #1,140 of 5,950
FLAC > Clip 4 GB > Supermicro IV 4/11 > ER-4S OFC recabled > Soft silicon custom tips

attachment.php

I am going to wire amp input straight to player pc board, bypassing devices jacks and IC plugs. Then it would be the rig with highest SQ to physical volume ratio, say SQ density.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back