Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Dec 23, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #916 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif

..]

yeah lets not talk about age im 34.

those jays look [size=medium]HUGE[/size] no wonder they put out so much [size=medium]bass[/size] the design on them makes me think of the pupae in alien. or perhaps one of our delicious native grubs here in Australia. the witchety grub. Aboriginals eat them for bush food; I had one once; tasted like chicken LOL

Dec 23, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #919 of 5,950
Well, the q-Jays are the tiniest IEMs I know of... but the s-Jays sure are among the larger ones. Still smaller than the Super.Fi 5EB, though, and with better fit and form factor.

Both on one photo sure looks shocking, same way I was shocked when I opened the s-Jays box, expecting something like the q-Jays in there.
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #920 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by No_One411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you like the FiiO E5s? They should be really nice if they are a step up from FiiO E3s.

So far, I think they're either the same or a slight improvement over the E3's, as far as SQ. I think they improve on my Sansa Clip, but I still have to judge them on my Gigabeat and D2.

One thing I like right off the bat is the size, clip, the battery and the volume control. All the things I wasn't too thrilled about with the E3 has improved on, in that regard.

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #921 of 5,950
IMG_2149.jpg

120 Classic inside of Yo Tank>ALO LOD>XM5>ER4

...and not so portable with 325i

IMG_2136.jpg

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

iAudio 7>POS mini>iBasso T4>ER4

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #922 of 5,950
Quote:

Well, the q-Jays are the tiniest IEMs I know of... but the s-Jays sure are among the larger ones. Still smaller than the Super.Fi 5EB, though, and with better fit and form factor.

Both on one photo sure looks shocking, same way I was shocked when I opened the s-Jays box, expecting something like the q-Jays in there.
wink.gif

They look sturdy for sure.
wink.gif
I don't know how to put it, but they look beautiful in a rugged kind of way... Maybe JAYS has another winner here
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #923 of 5,950
Quote:

wink.gif

so they are on par with the EBs on bass????

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #924 of 5,950
my fuze and westone 3 unamped:
ampless.jpg

same combination with a nuforce icon mobile:
amped.jpg

Dec 23, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #925 of 5,950
westones 3 !!! nice rig u got there !

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #929 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is the Nuforce Mobile? Sounds better than a 5.5g headphone jack? (how my dac is described
eek.gif
)

Nice Cowon rig there GreatDane!

I also looked ad the S-Jays and thought woah, that's why they are bassy!

Matt

I can't comment on the ipod jack but I can say that it improves upon my fuze headphone jack. I've only had it burning in for just under 72 hours and so far the dac is really opening up. I've been comparing the dac's of the lyrix and nuforce for the past few days and after the 50 hour mark I'd say that the nuforce is pulling ahead of the lyrix. It's sound is becoming exactly what I want, a slightly more foward sound that the lyrix. I have yet to test both amps power wise because I pretty much only use my 3's and pk3's and don't want to blow out my ears or drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back