Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Dec 21, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #886 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the little red/blue bits on a string that come out of the tip and stick to the IEM body?

yep two purposes with those. they are a way of properly orienting the tip to the body of the IEM so they end up at the correct angle in relation to the body when they are fully inserted and so they are correctly aligned with your ear to put the cable over and sit snugly. The silicone is too grippy to twist the nozzle to adjust while they are inserted (owww) also they can serve as a way of pulling them out if the nozzle comes out or if you want to use them as earplugs. Although I dont know how well that would really work (I think its more for the first reason) because the tips are twisted into place and out again and fit quite tightly, so pulling them out like that is more likely to just damage them. To use them to orient the IEM you basically just twist the tip on and then adjust so they just kind of rest against the body of the W3 (or whatever your IEM of choice)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance
i have a jealous of qusp!

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
atsmile.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #889 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by KillersAreQuiet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Qusp, is that a Ivy Skin case on your iPhone 3G? It looks like it was put on upside down.

yep its an ivy but it started to get a bit beat (couple of little cracks) up around the dock opening so I turned the faceplate around and reglued it. So the holes for the buttons dont match up properly, so I press the start/menu button through the hole that would normally be for the mic and vice versa
L3000.gif
so the case is up the right way, but the faceplate isnt
tongue.gif

nah those little things dont stick to it. they are just used as a guide, so they just touch like this, the one on the left is just about right and the one on the right is just out, you can see that it isnt touching properly there; and is just curving down of its own accord
W3-UM56web.jpg

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #892 of 5,950
lol my portable DIY amp has reached its final prototype box.now time to get some black paint....

and while trying to paste a DIY vinyl screen protector.my dad used a lighter to move around the edges to suck the bubbles up.it works but my heart was in pain while he was doing it to my fuze T_T
lucky it wasnt spoilt

pics later. the screen protector needs a few days to absorb the bubbles.

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #895 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
screamb: very beautiful setup

thanks mate. im going to take another picture under proper lighting.
biggrin.gif

sometime soon.
wink.gif

Okay, I took some pretty decent pictures of the stuff I use.
So here it is. ;D

Etymotic ER4P
DSC_0009-1.jpg

iPod 4G
DSC_0010.jpg

iPod 5.5G, ALO Crystal & RSA Predator
DSC_0011.jpg

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #897 of 5,950
Quote:

Nice pics screamb.

What did you use for lighting? The last pic is pretty damn good, but the focus on the first one (ER4's) is kinda iffy. What camera are you using?

Matt

I used the built in flash on my Nikon D90. Just bumped up the ISO on the cam.
There was some PP involved. Some vignetting adjustment and some Exposure increaments in Adobe Lightroom.

Also the ER4P picture was softened in Lightroom. I have a tack sharp version of it too.
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #899 of 5,950
Quote:

"Also the ER4P picture was softened in Lightroom." - Ahhhhh - that'll be why...
biggrin.gif

Looks like a good flash, almost looks lightbox'y... I guess PS and LR helped though.

Very nice camera. Wish I could afford a DSLR
frown.gif

Matt

Entry level DSLR's aren't too expensive. I myself am new to photography.
Where do you stay? America?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back