Dec 3, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #572 of 5,950
3079308650_33e5e1afff_b.jpg

Zune 30GB + Shure e4

Dec 3, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #573 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastianbf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3079308650_33e5e1afff_b.jpg

Zune 30GB + Shure e4

I like the look of those tips and wanna use them for my Shures, Just before I make the "cut" to get 'em to fit my ears; was wondering if that leaves any scratchy or uncomfortable bits left?

(100th post
atsmile.gif
)

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #574 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samjones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the look of those tips and wanna use them for my Shures, Just before I make the "cut" to get 'em to fit my ears; was wondering if that leaves any scratchy or uncomfortable bits left?

(100th post
atsmile.gif
)

Nothing uncomfortable mate. I was worried about thet before I did it. I just "reversed" the first small tip (the one that you want to cut) and cut with a scissor at the beggining of the second one. They're so much comfortable now.

Dec 3, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #575 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought of posting pics of what my setup is currently since I hadn't done so.

Portable #1
portable1.jpg

iPod Touch 16GB Gen1 > My Crystal Silver Dock > Pico > My Silver Universal IEM cable > FreQShow

Portable #2
Portable2.jpg

iPod Touch 16GB > My 6 wire "Special"
very_evil_smiley.gif
> Pico > 6 wire Silver cable > Modified ESW9

The Dock Familia
DockFamilia.jpg

*My builds, designs, etc.*

WOW very girly, but very nice work there
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #576 of 5,950
where do you guys find the flat rubber bands that hold amp and ipod together?
Also what is the difference between an elite silver 22g cryo LOD and a Elite Silver 22g cyro Vampire LOD....(besides $30 extra for the "vampire".)

Dec 3, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #577 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Randolph Duke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where do you guys find the flat rubber bands that hold amp and ipod together?
Also what is the difference between an elite silver 22g cryo LOD and a Elite Silver 22g cyro Vampire LOD....(besides $30 extra for the "vampire".)

Amazon.com: Lance Armstrong - Livestrong Wristband - Adult: Health & Personal Care
Like this?

You can get some cheap blank ones here.
http://www.amazon.com/Awareness-Brac...346142&sr=1-37
http://www.amazon.com/Blank-Silicone...ref=pd_sbs_a_3
http://www.amazon.com/Blank-Silicone...ref=pd_sbs_a_2

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #578 of 5,950
I am scrapped the burberry-esque case and am going with this as my new setup:

iPod Touch:
touch_04.jpg

Amp:
9-2.jpg

With the headphones and IC's from above. The rhinestone case was so ugly next to the P-51 that I had to take it off. It is a beauty and people actually complimented me on it - before even asking what it was! The iPod will be Black and Gold. The amp is Black, Gold lettering, and Purple. Should end up quite good together. I will post proper pics - need use of friends camera - once the pieces are together though.

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #579 of 5,950
Wow that is a nice looking Amp color. Hows the sound of the mustang is it as good as people are saying? or even better?

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #580 of 5,950
I will post am documenting changes in sound according to hours and using a variety of equipment. The first 5 hours are well documented and it will see burn in overnight tonight with a listen in the morning.

Right now I have my Home setup (in my sig) working in the same way with the P-51 in place of the SSMH to test how well it really can control these power hungry (current, not gain) headphones. I have heard the P-51 powering an R10 and I have heard my same headphone through that setup at the meet in Chicago (they have VERY similar qualities with an edge at the time to the R10 for greater fullness and better bass (not detail), granted I put the cable on that morning...). I just made and installed a passive output stage on my Zhaolu (Mucho better IMO - thanks cotdt
wink.gif
), but the new caps in the Zhaolu have only seen ~14 hours of use and need more time to reach full potential. Primarily though, the listening has been focus through my iPod to "6wire Special" to P-51 to my recabled and modded ESW9/recabled FreQShow. It is a portable amp and would likely be in this sort of scenario given the price level.

This amp has about 70 hours before I would feel confident in enough to write any real impressions or anything. However, do feel free to PM me with any questions.

Dec 4, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #583 of 5,950
is that the O2, right ?

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #585 of 5,950
Nice dfkt. I hadn't seen a black one in the flesh besides the official cowon/merchant pics. lol! I have a white one. Would have preferred black, but I got a nice deal on it so I've gotten used to the color.

Now I'm waiting for the S9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back