Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jun 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #5,761 of 5,950
_MG_1327.jpg

Jun 20, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #5,766 of 5,950

Quote:
From my experience and measurements, neither Eterna nor S9 headphone-out benefit much from a Headstage Arrow. I'd suggest investing that pile of cash in better headphones. The RE0 will get some nice oomph though but will sound even better from a clean line-out source. 

compared to RE0 with S9 the Eterna realy don't need help from an amp , i was very suprised to find that the S9 actually driven tham realy well even tho they 32ohm and the S9 known to have a realy weak built-in amp.

i realy don't know what you talking about , as a source a S9 realy sound good but barly driven IME's like RE0 or cans like H595

Jun 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #5,767 of 5,950
Here's some of my lol rigs. I don't actually listen to these, they are just for laughs :)
LOL RIG 1:

I love the color of these two :) DSI w/ Santa cruz ed skullcrushers
 LOL RIG 2

This requires an AceKard or similar device. And yes, it's a very realistic ipod emulator, the scroll wheel works exactly the same on the touch screen. DSlite w/ ds mic'd ed ink'd
 LOL RIG 3

This one actually suprized me, it has very good sound quality! I would have no problem using this if it supports high bitrate music and sdhc cards. Garmin nuvi 750 w/ Koss porta pros.
 Finally, here's a serious setup that sounds very good! I use this one :)

Iphone 3g 16gig w/JVC HA-NCX77 iems.

Jun 21, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #5,769 of 5,950

Quote:
compared to RE0 with S9 the Eterna realy don't need help from an amp , i was very suprised to find that the S9 actually driven tham realy well even tho they 32ohm and the S9 known to have a realy weak built-in amp.

i realy don't know what you talking about , as a source a S9 realy sound good but barly driven IME's like RE0 or cans like H595

I don't think you understood my post (but I noticed English isn't your first language so that's alright). I didn't comment on the S9's capabilities at all. I just told the guy that an Arrow 12HE doesn't make sense when you hook it up to a S9 driving an Eterna. Amping an Eterna on a S9 with a $250 amp won't give you $250-worth of SQ-improvement. :) The amount of cash he spends could be better invested in a new IEM like, for example, the DBA-02. 

Jun 21, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #5,770 of 5,950
I agree the only way an ArrowHE would be worth the money is when using a clean line out. like that of ipods or sflo2.

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #5,771 of 5,950

Quote:
I agree the only way an ArrowHE would be worth the money is when using a clean line out. like that of ipods or sflo2.

You are so incredibly wrong, it almost hurts. I just commented on that misconception 2 or 3 pages ago in this thread.

Jun 21, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #5,773 of 5,950
Well, i'll rephrase that. To make the most out of the Arrow to get your money's worth would be to use a clean line out source. Sure some sources still benefit and not to mention the extras the amp has, but imo i would be really hesitant to spend 200$ on an amp that would just be used via hp out.

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #5,774 of 5,950
Quote:
You are so incredibly wrong, it almost hurts. I just commented on that misconception 2 or 3 pages ago in this thread.

Please explain, or provide measurements like you typically do.  Explain how the headphone out is that good.  It think it helps people that you honestly believe are misinformed(including me, I am not an expert on DAP audio out signals) rather than just bashing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back