Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Nov 23, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #3,676 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurtzi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By foamless I mean the simple mod done by taking out the central oval foam... I think that credits go to astroid for discovering this mod on the HD228. Works well on the 218 too. So, "foamless" is just this.... (sorry for the bad pic...)
normal_smile .gif

Cheers
K.

Ah it's the astroid mod. Too bad it doesn't work well on the HD 238, as it collapses the soft foam padding, unlike the tougher ones on the 218 and 228.

Say, if you have someone who has a 238, you ought to change its pads with yours and take a listen. I've been dying to know how the 238 sounds with 228 or 218 pads.
beyersmile.png

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #3,677 of 5,950
After seeing all the rigs on here, I was kinda scared to contribute mine. I just got my new Sansa Clip+ this afternoon and hope to get RE0's or AH-D1001S's in the near future; and then an amp
atsmile.gif
frown.gif
... so much for my wallet.

img_0026.jpg

You all did this to me!
L3000.gif

Nov 24, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #3,679 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul_Est /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After seeing all the rigs on here, I was kinda scared to contribute mine. I just got my new Sansa Clip+ this afternoon and hope to get RE0's or AH-D1001S's in the near future; and then an amp
atsmile.gif
frown.gif
... so much for my wallet.

If it helps your wallet any, the Clip+ and RE0's combo really doesn't need an amp (or at least an affordable one). I have a biosciencegeek cmoy, and I honestly can't tell the difference with and without it (besides having better volume control). Of course, a better amp might yield different results, but I'll let someone else try that out
biggrin.gif
. RE0's and a Clip+ (4GB + 16GB micro SD card) is a great rig. It's replaced my iPod Photo (Rockboxed, of course) as my main DAP, but I almost didn't buy it since I didn't really need it. Can't imagine life without it now. BTW, they both fit inside an Altoids tin, so add that to your list of things to buy for it
biggrin.gif

Oh, welcome to Head-Fi. Don't worry about your humble rig. We all have to start somewhere.

Nov 24, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #3,682 of 5,950
Ok don't know if it's the site or me, but posting has been taking too long to submit, so I refreshed because I didn't see it go through. Then I did that second post and the first one showed up. Now I can't even edit, it won't load at all.

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #3,686 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it helps your wallet any, the Clip+ and RE0's combo really doesn't need an amp (or at least an affordable one). I have a biosciencegeek cmoy, and I honestly can't tell the difference with and without it (besides having better volume control). Of course, a better amp might yield different results, but I'll let someone else try that out
biggrin.gif
. RE0's and a Clip+ (4GB + 16GB micro SD card) is a great rig. It's replaced my iPod Photo (Rockboxed, of course) as my main DAP, but I almost didn't buy it since I didn't really need it. Can't imagine life without it now. BTW, they both fit inside an Altoids tin, so add that to your list of things to buy for it
biggrin.gif

Oh, welcome to Head-Fi. Don't worry about your humble rig. We all have to start somewhere.

Thanks bba1973! Now I know what my next few purchases will be
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #3,688 of 5,950
I still can't choose between getting a better source (Cowon S9) or a better headphone (HD 25-1 II or IE7)... Judging from my sig, what would be the better option?

BTW, I will have my Little Dot MK1+ by December.

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #3,690 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RE0 and Clip+ is a rather quiet combination, IMO. Fine for at home, but not really all that suitable for me on the go. (I'm usually one who listens at quiet volume levels, never too loud.)

My ears are quite sensitive to sound as well (especially since you and the rest of the ABi'ers and Head-Fi'ers got me hooked), so all I need now is a good seal and a way to quiet the Clip+ especially when I using the radio (perhaps getting back into C programming and volunteering in the RockBox project is in order?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back