Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Oct 1, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #3,361 of 5,950
Love the rig Scott, don't let anyone knock the color scheme down. I have to admit though, that when someone said you were colorblind and you said that you were, I was cracking up.

Oct 2, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #3,362 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by edart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also waiting for the Clip+
normal_smile .gif

Where did you get the Fiio for that price?

I can't find anyone that sells the clip+ without asking a ridiculous amount in shipping.

I have a feeling Australia won't be getting the clip+.
frown.gif

Anyone interested in shipping me one?
tongue.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #3,363 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't find anyone that sells the clip+ without asking a ridiculous amount in shipping.

I have a feeling Australia won't be getting the clip+.
frown.gif

Anyone interested in shipping me one?
tongue.gif

...sure, if you want to wait 3 weeks.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Where's the cheapest place to buy the clip+ online?

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #3,365 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by edart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also waiting for the Clip+
normal_smile .gif

Where did you get the Fiio for that price?

Fleabay I'm afraid, it came from China and amazingly was with me in less than a week - So far I've been very surprised with both the Clip and the Fiio. Hopefully according to my local Currys the Clip+ is going to be here in the UK towards the end of November / beginning of December - Fingers crossed !!

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #3,366 of 5,950
_MG_3940-920.jpg

It sure is a lovely update... file/folder, Replaygain, track info, and the new animations between screens are ultra-snappy without any lag. Usually I don't like gimmicks, but these animations are great. Moving the volume buttons to the other side is perfect as well - no more angled plugs getting in the way. It also feels more solid and made from better plastic.

Too bad only FLAC plays gapless - Vorbis clicks between tracks and LAME has gaps. I hope they fix that in upcoming firmwares.

Oct 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #3,367 of 5,950
dfkt, that Clip+ looks really sweet - I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I understand you can no-longer remove the clip, how well built is the new clip design, are the hinges substantial (not that it's a real issue for me)?

Oct 2, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #3,370 of 5,950
It plays FLAC gapless? Its more than enough for me
smily_headphones1.gif
. Great looking and very portable rig!

Oct 2, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #3,371 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by maporter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dfkt, that Clip+ looks really sweet - I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I understand you can no-longer remove the clip, how well built is the new clip design, are the hinges substantial (not that it's a real issue for me)?

I am willing to bet the clips clip is removable
wink.gif
Though might be a problem getting it back on after the hacksaw.
tongue.gif

Oct 3, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #3,373 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad only FLAC plays gapless - Vorbis clicks between tracks and LAME has gaps. I hope they fix that in upcoming firmwares.

It plays Black Sabbath's Live At Hammersmith Odeon gapless in OGG quite well. Gapless seems to be hit or miss so far, but it's better than my Zune 120 (firmware 3.2). Hopefully a Rockbox port will come out for it eventually.

How does the Clip+ sound with your UE customs? Soundstage seems to be a little narrow, but I'm wondering if it's just me. I really like it besides that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back