Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jul 19, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #2,956 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is so awesome BIGHMW hahaha!

DSCN1372.jpg

New case from the bestie. Just silly haha.

Very cool. Where'd you get that?

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #2,958 of 5,950
i'm looking at the sony player and the pfes with foams and thinking wow, the carpet looks comfy.

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #2,960 of 5,950
the SQ is actually very good for a phone. i personally think it offers a similar type of sound to the sony players, warm and detailed. though obviously its not as good. SE have done a great job on the sound this time round! the loud speakers are pretty good too lol the bass they produce is quite suprising haha

Jul 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #2,961 of 5,950
its good to know that it delivers enough bass even through the pfe's. i haven't yet heard a walkman phone which sounds better than my w810i. as far as i've experienced the SQ and power of the walkman phones are degrading with the new generations. though this time maybe SE have actually delivered for which they are known for. but hey the looks.. i just can't stop drooling over the picture. nice.

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #2,963 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by ads1107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the SQ is actually very good for a phone. i personally think it offers a similar type of sound to the sony players, warm and detailed.

I agree with your assessment, that they sound almost identical to the Sony Walkmans. I have the the W880i and have compared it to a A816-player. But since I can't find even a hint of warmness in the sound (quite the opposite), with any phones, it really must be your IEM's or that Sony has made dramatical changes to their music players. Which walkman did you compare your phone to? I'm very curious
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #2,966 of 5,950
There are downsides to using the w810i for music. You savage the battery life, and transfers take much longer. Hardly any hassle to carry the A818 aswell. Best of both worlds. I use the A818 buds on the w810i. The buds that came with the w810i I didn't like, and wouldn't rate.

I think my iPod Touch 2G might even be better than the A818. Its different, less coloured. I'd be happy with either tbh. I have a iPhone 3GS but haven't used it yet, but it will be interesting to compare.

Jul 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #2,969 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure the FiiO helps much in that setup... H3x0 has a really decent amp section.

True that, but it helps the old battery of the H300 to carry on a bit more (ordered a new 2200 mAh but still hasn't arrived). Otherwise I use the FiiO with my Zen Stone ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back