Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Feb 20, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #1,831 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes sir, you do absolutely have a point there. why is it that technology in DAPs seems to be going backwards. apart from touchscreens and wifi.

I'd gladly trade touchscreen and wifi for decent sound quality.

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #1,832 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd gladly trade touchscreen and wifi for decent sound quality.

My point exactly

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #1,834 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's possible with Boot Camp if you have enough hard drive space to hold two copies of your music (or an external hard drive with your music) or with VMWare Fusion with shared folders I believe. I haven't tried it myself, but I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work unless Microsoft put extra restrictions on it.

^^^

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #1,836 of 5,950
Hey what happened to pictures, people?

Also, I'd sacrifice some SQ for wifi, etc. I'd rather have one device that can do a lot of useful things pretty well, than a bunch of different ones that do these things superbly. More specifically, I'd rather have my DAP, phone, and digital organizer in one device than carry three separate gadgets.

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #1,837 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey what happened to pictures, people?

Also, I'd sacrifice some SQ for wifi, etc. I'd rather have one device that can do a lot of useful things pretty well, than a bunch of different ones that do these things superbly. More specifically, I'd rather have my DAP, phone, and digital organizer in one device than carry three separate gadgets.

wow; thats the complete opposite to me; i'd much prefer to have one device that does things awesomely than one that does them all just well.

My iphone 3G is the only device like that that I have evr felt worked and I still carry a DAP plus amp around with me most of the time. that being said; the iphone sounds pretty good with pico

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #1,838 of 5,950
Hmmm, an iPhone, for me, could never replace my E61 and Cowon D2... Just the best two gadgets for me.

The E61 has a better feature-set, for me (not into crazy easy UI, like a challenge/stuff to play with. tech head) and the Cowon has an SD slot, a must for me now, and drag and drop, and (IMO) superior SQ, all in a cheaper package (16 y/o, PAYG sim and seperate sim for 3g package) so I guess i'm like qusp.

Matt

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #1,839 of 5,950
Playing around with my new Canon G9

s639IE8.jpg

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #1,842 of 5,950
I'll post about it later but...

RE2 is noticeably more detailed, has more bass, same sort of balanced sound signature, fits great and isolation about the same, comes with a 5' cord (bet this is new to a lot of people who were expecting the short cord+extension), soundstaging is way better since the ER6i didn't have much. Only downside is it doesn't have the same highs or they are rolled off sooner.

It's a positive and refined upgrade over the ER6i if you can get past the price...they're on sale for $50 right now!

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #1,844 of 5,950
My humble portable rig with a el-cheapo earphone
beyersmile.png

CIMG2930.jpg

Earphone is a SoungMagic PL30 (less than 10 hrs burn-in time). Not a bad phone IMO as I don't have a pair of audiophile ears. Lack bass but with nice mid and high.

The iBasso D2 Viper pairs with a Sennheiser R130 (wireless) using the DAC part. I'm waiting the arrival of my AKG K702 and the newly developed Compass. This will be my main rig for music listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back