Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #6,331 of 10,933

Quote:

So here is my desk, custom made :)

Can you guess all the components?

wowow!! such a good setup.

Samsung LCD montir
Dell Laptop
Sennhesier HD650/600
Western Digitial external hard drive. 
logitech mouse
iphone 3GS
ASUS CD Drive on your self built computer.

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #6,333 of 10,933

Quote:
Very close, the laptop is actually a bto laptop.
Quite astonishingly you guessed the right iphone:p

oh -__- the laptop i was so sure was a Dell. i interned at a computer fixing shop for a while back.

it's a no brainer it's a iphone. it can't be a 3G. well it could but im a major apple fan geek so i know many statistics. most users have 3GS's not 3G's. it's due to the upgrade cycle and stuff haha :D

what are your bookshelf speakers? what amp and DAC are u using? photo of the computert itself? specs?

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #6,334 of 10,933
Just posted this in a thread in the Equipment/Headphones forum, but since my main rig is run via my desktop computer, I thought I might as well post it here as well.

My main headphone station runs through my desktop computer:
FLAC - Foobar
DAC/Amp - Fubar III [with Burr-Brown OPA627 op-amps and after-market PSU]
Headphones - Senn 650 & Denon D2000

My secondary station is also in the pic (I use it mostly in bed or when traveling):
Sandisk Sansa Clip+
Headroom Micro Amp
Denon D2000

Here's a copy of the pic with labels:

Might as well post computer specs here too:
- Cooler Master Storm Scout case
- Windows 7 64bit
- Intel i7-2600k (OC'd to 4GHz)
- 8gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz
- Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard
- nVidia Geforce 9400 GT GPU (old as heck, but I don't game)
- 21.5" Dell & 23" ViewSonic monitors
- 120gb Corsair Force 3 SSD boot drive [SATA III]
- tons of other various HDDs
- Corsair TX650 V2 650watt PSU
- Logitech G700 [IMHO the greatest mouse ever made]
- can't think of much else to list!

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #6,335 of 10,933

Quote:

Might as well post computer specs here too:
- Cooler Master Storm Scout case
- Windows 7 64bit
- Intel i7-2600k (OC'd to 4GHz)
- 8gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz
- Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard
- nVidia Geforce 9400 GT GPU (old as heck, but I don't game)
- 21.5" Dell & 23" ViewSonic monitors
- 120gb Corsair Force 3 SSD boot drive [SATA III]
- tons of other various HDDs
- Corsair TX650 V2 650watt PSU
- Logitech G700 [IMHO the greatest mouse ever made]
- can't think of much else to list!

great system. i was almost about to say until i read that you don't game. i was gonna say..... but still. how do you go through your day without a legit keyboard? 

and thank you for the specs..as you can see in the name..this thread has gone off topic. it went from a actual gaming rig thread to a post your office space setup thread. pictures of actual PC inards, cases and specs SHOULD be what the title name is saying. but whatever :D

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #6,336 of 10,933

Quote:
great system. i was almost about to say until i read that you don't game. i was gonna say..... but still. how do you go through your day without a legit keyboard? 

and thank you for the specs..as you can see in the name..this thread has gone off topic. it went from a actual gaming rig thread to a post your office space setup thread. pictures of actual PC inards, cases and specs SHOULD be what the title name is saying. but whatever :D

Thanks for the comments, man! Not sure I really understand all of what you're saying, but I'm actually pretty fond of my keyboard; 12 programmable F-keys, lots of other 'hot-button' keys (calculator, back/forward, play/pause, volume, etc), strong wireless signal, among other things. Either way, I don't have any complaints. It's not a gaming keyboard, but like you mentioned, I don't game.

Yeah, as a twenty-something with a computer with these specs, the fact I don't game I'd say puts me in, I would say, roughly, the 0.00001 percentile.

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #6,337 of 10,933

Quote:
Yeah, as a twenty-something with a computer with these specs, the fact I don't game I'd say puts me in, I would say, roughly, the 0.00001 percentile.

haha :D

I game, but on the xbox :p

And btw, great setup - is it really comfortable though?
For watching films, sure, for reading forums etc is it?

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #6,338 of 10,933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

is it really comfortable though?

For watching films, sure, for reading forums etc is it?

Thanks for the kind words chief!

I know, no gaming, right? WhhaaAAAaaAaaTttt? I must be a total psychopath!

And btw, it's a ridiculously comfortable setup for all things computer; watching movies, listening to music, cruising the tubes, typing, design/art/photography work (my quasi-profession), flapping the flagpole, etc, etc.

I use to be like most everyone else and use a regular office chair until I did a fantastic job mangling my back a few years ago. Herniated a disc in my lower back and damaged the main nerve that runs along the spine. Ended up getting back surgery. To this day being in an up-right seated position (think driving or sitting in a classroom) is increasingly painful for me. Thus, I adopted the recliner, and boom-shake-the-room, I can 'sit' comfortably in front of my computer for hours on end without a problem (although, errrr, that may not be such a good thing either :wink: ).

Even if my back magically was 100% perfect tomorrow morning, I'd still rock the exact same setup with the recliner. I'm more sensitive than other, true, but its just an evolutionary fact that the human body is not well equipped for the up-right seated position; ever wonder why back pain is by far the most common source of chronic pain?

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #6,339 of 10,933

Quote:

Thanks for the kind words chief!

I know, no gaming, right? WhhaaAAAaaAaaTttt? I must be a total psychopath!

And btw, it's a ridiculously comfortable setup for all things computer; watching movies, listening to music, cruising the tubes, typing, design/art/photography work (my quasi-profession), flapping the flagpole, etc, etc.

I use to be like most everyone else and use a regular office chair until I did a fantastic job mangling my back a few years ago. Herniated a disc in my lower back and damaged the main nerve that runs along the spine. Ended up getting back surgery. To this day being in an up-right seated position (think driving or sitting in a classroom) is increasingly painful for me. Thus, I adopted the recliner, and boom-shake-the-room, I can 'sit' comfortably in front of my computer for hours on end without a problem (although, errrr, that may not be such a good thing either :wink: ).

Even if my back magically was 100% perfect tomorrow morning, I'd still rock the exact same setup with the recliner. I'm more sensitive than other, true, but its just an evolutionary fact that the human body is not well equipped for the up-right seated position; ever wonder why back pain is by far the most common source of chronic pain?

that's very sad to hear :frowning2:
I also fear my back will give way very soon...and I'm only 20yrs old.

An no gaming at twenty something?
I know people that don't even know or haven't even played or want to play games...

Its not odd, its just that us lads, usually have the best, free time waster in the world - Gaming.

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #6,340 of 10,933

Quote:
just ran batman arkham asylum off my acer netbook on maximum settings, average fps was 71, lowest was 33, and the highest was 101 fps. Not bad for a $250 netbook

That's a cute way to say you played absolutely nothing of the sort, rather use a paid streaming service that pushes the video processed by a real computer for you to interact with. But that was almost an interesting sentence.

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #6,341 of 10,933

Quote:

that's very sad to hear :frowning2:
I also fear my back will give way very soon...and I'm only 20yrs old.

An no gaming at twenty something?
I know people that don't even know or haven't even played or want to play games...

Its not odd, its just that us lads, usually have the best, free time waster in the world - Gaming.

I myself am a gamer, however I have realized I am not an avid gamer as I used to be.  I still love games, but I just rarely play them even when I have the opportunity.  The only game that has been getting some attention from me lately is FFXIII.  I know that XIII-2 has been released, but I have yet to finish FFXIII fully, so until then. 

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #6,342 of 10,933

Quote:
Don't tell me impossibilities until you have seen the results

although the intel HD integrated card was getting taxed a bit though out the benchmark session 

I'm going to be very clear on this since you take me and everyone else for fools. The screenshot has NOTHING to do with mobile computing, nevermind the ridiculously underpowered netbooks. It's nice puzzling to see you trying to push this fluff here, but that doesn't stick. Desktop cards (plural!) on a NETBOOK? Right... /rolleyes

EDIT: Even if it was actually ran on an Intel IGP, the netbook versions are the most underclocked at both base and turbo frequencies, so there is absolutely no way an Intel HD 3000 would run with those settings at those frame rates. And yes, I do have that exact IGP with me right now.

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #6,344 of 10,933
James, thank you for having a computer screen with the aspect ratio of a computer screen :D

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #6,345 of 10,933
Good for you. Netbooks can indeed output image to external monitors.

So, are you going to post specs or will the charade see no end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back