Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 19, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #6,346 of 10,950
Quote:
well, actually, my netbook has a HDMI output.
the specs are as follows
intel I7 2600k slightly overclocked past the stock speed
4gb 1300mhz ram
120GB SSD
Nvidia 540 gpu
I'm thinking of putting the netbook into a mid sized desktop tower just so I don't get stigmatized by other gamers for using a netbook for gaming

Holy **** dude you bought an ultrabook? You must have some cash...

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #6,347 of 10,950
I think you should start reading a bit more about computers. And I mean absolutely no offense.

You have a desktop CPU, not a mobile CPU, and even if that CPU were on a mobile computer, it would certainly not be inside a netbook or most notebooks.

Also, if you want to post specs, you would do better to just post the report of a diagnostic software, that way there wouldn't be any more wrong info posted as it has been so far.

EDIT: Basically, you probably have an i7-2630QM, or some other 2600 mobile CPU series, which has nothing to do with the 2600K desktop CPU. Also, neither the desktop nor the mobile CPUs exist in netbooks.

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #6,349 of 10,950

Quote:
thank you sir!
I just dont see the need for a larger one.

Hat's off to you sir, nothing less would suffice :)

It's not even about the size, which is a whole different subject, since different people have different needs.

Computers were made to have certain aspect ratios, such as 4:3 and 5:4, certainly not 16:9, and 16:10 is passable. Now, it would be perfectly fine to have the plethora of 16:9 screens all over if the manufacturers everywhere weren't trying to force a TV aspect ratio down our throats disguised as a computer aspect ratio.

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #6,354 of 10,950

Quote:

that's very sad to hear :frowning2:
I also fear my back will give way very soon...and I'm only 20yrs old.

Time to put a grand down for a nice ergonomic chair.  I did and my back feels a hell of a lot better.  Find one that really molds to your body.  And after 8 hours of sitting, you still feel good!

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #6,355 of 10,950

Quote:

Hat's off to you sir, nothing less would suffice :)

It's not even about the size, which is a whole different subject, since different people have different needs.

Computers were made to have certain aspect ratios, such as 4:3 and 5:4, certainly not 16:9, and 16:10 is passable. Now, it would be perfectly fine to have the plethora of 16:9 screens all over if the manufacturers everywhere weren't trying to force a TV aspect ratio down our throats disguised as a computer aspect ratio.

4:3 and 5:4 are terrible effing ratios for me to do any sort of work on, and here's why:

(In fact, I hate 16:9 almost as much as I hate 4:3. I need to get a set of 16:10 S-IPS monitors, is what I really need to do.)

-- Griffinhart

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #6,358 of 10,950
The only result I'm getting is for 400USD, which is more expensive than the monitor I've currently got my eyes on (HP ZR24w).

(I haven't committed because I'm trying to find a buyer for my current pair - Acer S243HL - I may or may not have one or two lined up, but I've not heard back from either of them and it's... inconvenient.)

-- Griffinhart

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #6,359 of 10,950

Quote:
4:3 and 5:4 are terrible effing ratios for me to do any sort of work on, and here's why:

(In fact, I hate 16:9 almost as much as I hate 4:3. I need to get a set of 16:10 S-IPS monitors, is what I really need to do.)

-- Griffinhart

Which is why 16:10 is the only modern acceptable aspect ratio. Oh, and I certainly understand the usefulness of width, but never at the expense of height.

And you're already set on the right path, aspect ratio and lighting wise.

EDIT: And ohhgourami, my mind is quite tired, today was a rough day, I didn't see it coming. But now I'm feeling dirty :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back