Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 19, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #6,361 of 10,950
Feb 19, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #6,362 of 10,950

Quote:
The only result I'm getting is for 400USD, which is more expensive than the monitor I've currently got my eyes on (HP ZR24w).

(I haven't committed because I'm trying to find a buyer for my current pair - Acer S243HL - I may or may not have one or two lined up, but I've not heard back from either of them and it's... inconvenient.)

-- Griffinhart

I own a ZR24W and I absolutely love it.  I think it is much better than the U2412 as the panel is a bit better.  I got mine for ~$280 after tax and recycling fee.  It was a deal I couldn't pass up so now I use my laptop as a desktop.  Worth every penny.

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #6,364 of 10,950

Quote:
oh -__- the laptop i was so sure was a Dell. i interned at a computer fixing shop for a while back.

it's a no brainer it's a iphone. it can't be a 3G. well it could but im a major apple fan geek so i know many statistics. most users have 3GS's not 3G's. it's due to the upgrade cycle and stuff haha :D

what are your bookshelf speakers? what amp and DAC are u using? photo of the computert itself? specs?

The bookshelf speakers are mackie mr8 mk2, and give out a very nice sound.
The speaker stands are custom built, or did I tell you that already?

DAC: traktor audio 2
amp: fiio e9

Specs of the pc: 
fractal casing
i5 2500k
xfx 6870 dual fan
8 gigs ram
hard drive: samsung spinpoint 3 HD103SJ
650 watt power supply

It's about one month old :D, and custom built just like the desk (I like building stuff).

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #6,365 of 10,950

Quote:
I myself am a gamer, however I have realized I am not an avid gamer as I used to be.  I still love games, but I just rarely play them even when I have the opportunity.  The only game that has been getting some attention from me lately is FFXIII.  I know that XIII-2 has been released, but I have yet to finish FFXIII fully, so until then. 

Well...I spend a lot of my time now "chilling out" by that I mean, being on head-fi lol...
I used to play a lot, and since I've been increasingly annoyed at BF3...I've sort of "quit" the game

There are no FPS's I'm really looking forward to either right now.
I highly doubt I'll ever buy another COD game, BF was such a let down this time round, and got me so frustrated, that after playing BF games for 6years, I feel that this was by far the one that pisses me off the most...

Possibly Halo 4? Dunno :frowning2:

Quote:
I'm going to be very clear on this since you take me and everyone else for fools. The screenshot has NOTHING to do with mobile computing, nevermind the ridiculously underpowered netbooks. It's nice puzzling to see you trying to push this fluff here, but that doesn't stick. Desktop cards (plural!) on a NETBOOK? Right... /rolleyes

EDIT: Even if it was actually ran on an Intel IGP, the netbook versions are the most underclocked at both base and turbo frequencies, so there is absolutely no way an Intel HD 3000 would run with those settings at those frame rates. And yes, I do have that exact IGP with me right now.

I think I've figured out what type of person "roller" is after reading this and 2 other posts...
A little more respect to your fellow head-fiers wouldn't be bad you know...

Quote:
- a bit messy

blame the kids!
No but seriously, how is this messy?
Its brilliant, nice setup - especially the "audio section" to the left :D

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #6,366 of 10,950

Quote:
My netbook is currently hooked up to my monitor which I got form bestbuy when they had a blackfriday sale

nice!
How much did it cost?

Quote:
well, actually, my netbook has a HDMI output.
the specs are as follows
intel I7 2600k slightly overclocked past the stock speed
4gb 1300mhz ram
120GB SSD
Nvidia 540 gpu
I'm thinking of putting the netbook into a mid sized desktop tower just so I don't get stigmatized by other gamers for using a netbook for gaming

VERY good specs for $250
Makes me wonder...if I should get a new PC...!

Quote:
Roller, I expected better but we all can fall for those traps.

I say someone ban the mofo?

haha!

Quote:

Very nice backlights!
Must be such a distraction - not saying that's a bad thing.
I would be spending my time playing with those backlit LED's. All day....All night! :D

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #6,368 of 10,950
Totally Dubbed, the next time you talk, try thinking or reading the previous posts to actually understand how much of a troll colgate was and the correct order of thought. And since that user was mocking everyone by spreading misinformation, thing which you would have known simply by the fact that there is no such thing as a netbook with the specs he claims. Do you understand now, or will you continue to jest?

EDIT: And since I hold no grudge to your attitude, answering to your question, there have been several reports of late Dell and HP models overheating, and Acer is certainly to avoid like the plague due to very dubious QC processes in use for around a decade.

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #6,369 of 10,950

Quote:
I own a ZR24W and I absolutely love it.  I think it is much better than the U2412 as the panel is a bit better.  I got mine for ~$280 after tax and recycling fee.  It was a deal I couldn't pass up so now I use my laptop as a desktop.  Worth every penny.

I have to admit the ZR24W's color reproduction sounds far beyond tempting, I just might have to grab one eventually :)

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #6,370 of 10,950

Quote:
Totally Dubbed, the next time you talk, try thinking or reading the previous posts to actually understand how much of a troll colgate was and the correct order of thought. And since that user was mocking everyone by spreading misinformation, thing which you would have known simply by the fact that there is no such thing as a netbook with the specs he claims. Do you understand now, or will you continue to jest?

EDIT: And since I hold no grudge to your attitude, answering to your question, there have been several reports of late Dell and HP models overheating, and Acer is certainly to avoid like the plague due to very dubious QC processes in use for around a decade.

Ok :wink:

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #6,371 of 10,950

Quote:

And in the future don't ever go with assumptions, there more often than not complete and utterly wrong, and just make you look bad, for lack of other... words.

About Alienware systems, they remind me of Ultrasone gear to an extent. They're flashy, can stand out from the crowd, and have models that are rather unique :)

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #6,372 of 10,950

Quote:
And in the future don't ever go with assumptions, there more often than not complete and utterly wrong, and just make you look bad, for lack of other... words.

About Alienware systems, they remind me of Ultrasone gear to an extent. They're flashy, can stand out from the crowd, and have models that are rather unique :)

Alienware is £1k+ and is a gaming based PC...

And no, I still stand by what I said, sorry - I just don't want to argue :wink:

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #6,373 of 10,950

Quote:

Sorry but that's still wrong. The same issues that lagues wireless peripherals in 2008 still affect them in 2012. The difference is that they both last longer until they start displaying them, and the hardware has been revised to higher specs, which don't make them issue free.

Again, if you want performance (and not just for games), you need to go with wired.

Nope. It's been discussed to death on hardware forums -- for the past one-and-a-half-to-two years there have been no substantial usability differences between wired and wireless with the notable exception of battery life. Latency differences are negligible.

Just like most audio gear, it's placebo and a wireless stigma. There's been no controlled measurements (i.e. evidence) confirming substantive differences in responsiveness versus the two grades of peripherals in recent years. If you find proof, feel free to post it.

There are more important issues to worry about like negative acceleration that still plague "gaming-grade" devices.

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #6,374 of 10,950

Quote:
Alienware is £1k+ and is a gaming based PC...

And no, I still stand by what I said, sorry - I just don't want to argue :wink:

Since you're being stubborn for unknown reasons, be that way and happy along the process. Just keep this in mind, I have Head-Fi in high regards for several reasons, one being that it is a good source of information, and a reliable one at that. So when I see people that deliberately spread misinformation that others might not be aware of, I certainly don't take that lightly. But if you think it's good to infect a healthy community with false info, then you're even further from where you should be than I thought.

Also, you seem to have issues following simple logics, which would be fine if you stopped to think about it. But it's your prerogative.

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #6,375 of 10,950

Quote:

Nope. It's been discussed to death on hardware forums -- for the past one-and-a-half-to-two years there have been no substantial usability differences between wired and wireless with the notable exception of battery life. Latency differences are negligible.

Just like most audio gear, it's placebo and a wireless stigma. There's been no controlled measurements (i.e. evidence) confirming substantive differences in responsiveness versus the two grades of peripherals in recent years.

There are more important issues to worry about like negative acceleration that still plague "gaming-grade" devices.

Battery life? Most certainly as wired is fed directly through the wire. Latency, negligible? It's certainly like audio, some can listen to certain things others cannot, so if a user is happy with wireless, good for him. But unfortunately, the grade of wireless being discussed isn't on the same price level of the comparable audio gear, in this case wireless peripherals still being rather expensive.

EDIT: But yes, there are more issues to take care of, just that the original ones still have to be fixed, as in they are they below what wired provides. And curiously, gaming gear can work remarkably well for non gaming usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back