Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #6,391 of 10,948

Quote:
My last two computers were Dell - one lasted 7 years, the other one is going on 4 years; so sign me up for the "never", lol. Also, the latter tower was cheaper than DIY for matching specs when I priced it out. Though, I've never seen a Dell laptop that wasn't a ****-show. An ya... who buys Alienware, heh.

At any rate, this thread is depressing now. Needs moar pics :p :)

The above tower..costed the same as the below self built one. it had the same specs...which would you choose? 

SPECS matter..but if those parts are crap parts....it doesn't mean anything

and yes like you say

CAN WE HAVE MOAAR PICS OF THE COMPUTER RIGS? ...no..not setup or office..rigs please like my above pictures. i posted other pics before and specs already

Feb 19, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #6,392 of 10,948
Dual GPU + 8/8/6-pin configuration + that video output config = Asus ROG ARES 5870x2.

In other news, I just went from..

GTX 580 -> HD 6990 -> GTX 590 -> HD 6990 -> GTX 480

Which doesn't make much sense, but whatever. Will put a pic of the latest when the 480 comes in.

Feb 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #6,393 of 10,948

Quote:
Dual GPU + 8/8/6-pin configuration + that video output config = Asus ROG ARES 5870x2.

In other news, I just went from..

GTX 580 -> HD 6990 -> GTX 590 -> HD 6990 -> GTX 480

Which doesn't make much sense, but whatever. Will put a pic of the latest when the 480 comes in.

you sir....get much much much kudos :D you got it!! wooot. wooot! i give you mad points for knowing the configs of those so easily

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #6,394 of 10,948

Quote:
you sir....get much much much kudos :D you got it!! wooot. wooot! i give you mad points for knowing the configs of those so easily

He beat me to it, that was my first thought when you mentioned ASUS but I wasn't forum-watching at the time. In other news, there's an article I saw once where they run two MARS II cards in one rig.

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #6,395 of 10,948

Quote:

He beat me to it, that was my first thought when you mentioned ASUS but I wasn't forum-watching at the time. In other news, there's an article I saw once where they run two MARS II cards in one rig.

why not? the MARS II and many cards are dual GPU. crossfire and SLI currently support up to 4 GPU's. notice i said Processing units and dont' mean Graphics cards.

imagine what ASUS can do when they get a hold of the top seried Souther Islands and Kepler's :D haha. $1700 per card?

what about if or when AMD and Nvidia...update SLI and crossfire to support....8 GPU's....... imagine 4 of those cards running together on the bandwith of PCIE3........ with the highest Enthusiast class Ivy Bridge i7(if this happens this year)....just imagine people. we could wipe the floor so well with whatever the xbox or ps4 tries to do...so hard

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #6,396 of 10,948
ASUS laptops are terrible. Nearly half of everyone I know at school has one (I'm not even kidding), and every single one of them has had some kind of issue with their laptop.

I'm not particularly satisfied with my ASUS mobo either, although it's not due to failure - it's just as large and accommodating as I'd thought it would be.

-- Griffinhart

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #6,397 of 10,948

Quote:
ASUS laptops are terrible. Nearly half of everyone I know at school has one (I'm not even kidding), and every single one of them has had some kind of issue with their laptop.

I'm not particularly satisfied with my ASUS mobo either, although it's not due to failure - it's just as large and accommodating as I'd thought it would be.

-- Griffinhart

Laptops all have problems. thats due to small spacing and etc inside. despite that. ASUS and Samsung still top customer satisfaction, reliability, problems list. just imagine how horrid HP's and Dells that are near the bottom do -___- 

key points to make:
it's a laptops
it's running windows
were the one's you saw ROG?
what may seem like a lot to you, may actually just be a smaller number(example:everyone's dating and doing drugs and having you know what; actual statistics show that the number you think is actualyy a lot lower, people that have probelms or do things just like to make it more public and known)

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #6,398 of 10,948
Quote:

My 1005HA netbook has been going strong for over 2 years now.  I particularly enjoyed how easy it was to order a new keyboard module for like $15 when I spilled a coke on it.

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #6,399 of 10,948

Quote:
My 1005HA netbook has been going strong for over 2 years now.  I particularly enjoyed how easy it was to order a new keyboard module for like $15 when I spilled a coke on it.

im surprised :/ desite my love for ASUS. it's a company. i see so many different faces on it. a marketing face that is for consumers and has some pricey things, a gaming face and etc

like. they try to make you buy a $30 more expenssive overclocked card..yet provide you with software to overclock them. ROG moderatores and ppl go "yeah overclock" but marketing and others are all like. spend money

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #6,400 of 10,948
Figured I should hop in here. Apologies for the terrible picture quality; I lack a proper camera.

What my system looked like...

...and what it looks like now, courtesy of college > . <

There's been some serious improvement in the headphone department since I got here. But there's NO SPACE.

Some interior shots:

Cable routing is a huge OCD thing for me. In fact, in an ideal world the 4-pin molex extension on the side over there would not exist. And yet... it does. Because it must. For now.

The reverse, showing how I managed to make the front look so pretty. I wish I had another HDD, but the market exploded, and another terabyte is almost outside my budget right now.

Basic Specs:
i5-2500K
GTX 560Ti
ASUS Xonar Essence STX 7.1
Corsair AX850
8GB RAM
1 TB SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 SATA HDD
OEM slot-loading disc drive

Inside a Silverstone FT03 case (which is awesome, by the way). I recently swapped the stock fans for some Scythe gentle Typhoons, which despite being absurdly expensive are amazing fans.

Monitor is a 23" IPS from ViewSonic. I think it's 16:10, but it might be 16:9.

Input devices:
Tenkeyless 40% (60%) KBC Poker; MX Brown switches
Razer DeathAdder on Razer Kabuto
Wacom Intuous 4 (has not gotten much use due to no longer having photoshop; currently saving for the student edition of CS5.5)
(Not shown) Razer Onza
(Not shown) Razer Nostromo

(If it isn't obvious I used to like Razer. A lot. Not so much anymore; their products have been steadily dying on me with the exception of the DeathAdder).

So yeah.

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #6,401 of 10,948
wow thank you for some internal pics and specs!!! :D very very nice cost efficent system there :D

I have a problem with Razer,Western Digital and Microsoft. I can name quite some negative and postive things about each..but really nothing to really hate on them at all. i just don't know why. i just dislike thoe 3...i have no reason..i just dont know.

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #6,402 of 10,948

Quote:
Laptops all have problems. thats due to small spacing and etc inside. despite that. ASUS and Samsung still top customer satisfaction, reliability, problems list. just imagine how horrid HP's and Dells that are near the bottom do -___- 

key points to make:
it's a laptops
it's running windows
were the one's you saw ROG?
what may seem like a lot to you, may actually just be a smaller number(example:everyone's dating and doing drugs and having you know what; actual statistics show that the number you think is actualyy a lot lower, people that have probelms or do things just like to make it more public and known)

I owned an Acer for nearly three years and it never had hardware issues of any sort. Ran a bit sluggish at the end of its lifetime, but I think that was more a software issue. (Let's just say I hadn't reformatted it in nearly the same amount of years as I owned it.) Gave it to my mom, got a Lenovo X201 tablet for note-taking and code-writing. Really need to stick a pair of 4GB 204-pin SODIMMs in it, though - running on 2GB is hilariously bad, especially considering that I want to virtualbox.

Dunno if they were Republic of Gamers. Most of 'em looked like they had jet intakes for fan exhausts, for what it's worth.

Most people were running Windows, but at least two guys had either Virtualbox running, or an additional Linux (I believe Ubuntu) boot.

The school I go to is a... well, let's call it a game design and software engineering school, because that's probably the closest equivalent. All the people that own ASUS laptops need 'em for either render farming (although, the school provides whole labs for that), or for writing, compiling, and running their homework assignments (CS200 - write a 2D software renderer! CS250 - write a 3D software renderer! CS300 - 3D hardware rendering, lighting! CS350 - I have no idea but I'm terrified of taking it because I hate graphics and why aren't there more AI classes at my school ugh).

-- Griffinhart

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #6,403 of 10,948

Quote:

I owned an Acer for nearly three years and it never had hardware issues of any sort. Ran a bit sluggish at the end of its lifetime, but I think that was more a software issue. (Let's just say I hadn't reformatted it in nearly the same amount of years as I owned it.) Gave it to my mom, got a Lenovo X201 tablet for note-taking and code-writing. Really need to stick a pair of 4GB 204-pin SODIMMs in it, though - running on 2GB is hilariously bad, especially considering that I want to virtualbox.

Dunno if they were Republic of Gamers. Most of 'em looked like they had jet intakes for fan exhausts, for what it's worth.

The school I go to is a... well, let's call it a game design and software engineering school, because that's probably the closest equivalent. All the people that own ASUS laptops need 'em for either render farming (although, the school provides whole labs for that), or for writing, compiling, and running their homework assignments (CS200 - write a 2D software renderer! CS250 - write a 3D software renderer! CS300 - 3D hardware rendering, lighting! CS350 - I have no idea but I'm terrified of taking it because I hate graphics and why aren't there more AI classes at my school ugh).

-- Griffinhart

yes that's what i meant by:
it's a laptops
it's running windows

hardware and software are big things that cuase problems on laptops and OEM built desktops(to a much lesser extent) it's Windows incompatability with those hardware and software that cause crashes. im using the word incompatability very very generally here.stuff just crashes every now and then or that hardware has an error here or that there

Yes. ROG laptops  are bassed of Stealth bombers :D

In case you might also want to note. Laptops , even/espeically gaming ones not cared for properly by someone that knows his stuff ..will all die. what if you gave an HD800 to a guy that uses apple earbuds portably and beats solo's...yeah. know you get what i mean.

gaming laptops like those and by ASUS and all mobo companies come with soo soo many cool looking enthusiast overclocking tools and this and that. many of them are noise..and even worse. ASUS has like 30 programs(overexagerating but u know what i mean) that.. DO THE EXACT SAME THING or have 90% of the stuff in one program..and then another with a cooler name that has one other feature. Asians..i know. done incorrectly..and guess what..crash

these are being used heavily with programs and software...used by someone that doesn't know his stuff (as in real enthusiast) and crash. real enthusiast/computer geeks when soemthing BSOD's or crashes..take it easy. normal people freak out and make u think it's happening to every person. no..it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back