Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 18, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #6,316 of 10,950

Quote:
Agreed - but that's more if you use your PC only, or mainly for gaming.

Wireless, for gamers the biggest issue is:
-Not as customisable
-Runs out of battery
-Not as high DPI/programmable as wired.

Basically, people who do serious work on a PC or gaming require wired peripherals. But we had already agreed on that. It was just the other user who refused to acknowledge that :)

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #6,317 of 10,950

Quote:
Basically, people who do serious work on a PC or gaming require wired peripherals. But we had already agreed on that. It was just the other user who refused to acknowledge that :)

I would not refuse to acknowledge it - that's madness :D!

No...this ...is HEAD-FI *kicks into pit* hehe

I do a lot of typing on mine + use it for a lot of multimedia usage -> So I have the Logitech MX revolution mouse + K350 keyboard = and they are brilliant, with their shortcuts to my mail, volume keys etc etc.

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #6,318 of 10,950

Quote:
I would not refuse to acknowledge it - that's madness :D!

No...this ...is HEAD-FI *kicks into pit* hehe

I do a lot of typing on mine + use it for a lot of multimedia usage -> So I have the Logitech MX revolution mouse + K350 keyboard = and they are brilliant, with their shortcuts to my mail, volume keys etc etc.

Do what you will. The connectivity traits are there and evident for anyone to see.

Feb 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #6,321 of 10,950
Yeah I guess so, but still, disregarding price, it's a wireless mouse with like 5600dpi and 1ms response time wired or wireless. Awesome!
I got it and a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate when I was a noob gamer (and still am) thinking it would actually help me get kills, and I look back on this and laugh at this foolishness as it didn't, seems silly to think now, and I don't game much anymore. But I still like having the backlit keyboard (the mechanical part hasn't really made a big difference to me, I just feel like I make more mistakes from the more spread out keys) and the mouse is nice too since it matches the keyboard.

Feb 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #6,324 of 10,950

Quote:
Is the Razer Mamba not a great wireless (and wired) mouse for (pro) gaming? Just had to mention it.

In my opinion, no, it's pretty terrible.

The mouse's response was quick enough... while the battery lasted. I had 3, all broke or stopped working within about 3-4 months and I'm very gentle with my gear.
Razer replaced the first two under warranty but the third fell a couple of days out of the 12 months since I purchased the first one and they refused to replace it.

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #6,325 of 10,950
Wireless is obviously worst on everything beside its also bad for your health, using a wireless keyboard is the dumbest thing, at-least a wireless mouse give you a little better handling by removing the cable. I had a logitech MX1000 mouse and it was great but you get drop-out ingame when you move it too fast, I heard its better now but it will NEVER be better than wire.

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #6,326 of 10,950
the only problem i've had with some wirelss mouses on responce is if the reciever is too far away. or if the user doesn't move hsi mouse for a while. it has that small .2 second lag or soemthing when u start again.

bad for your health? your surrouded and doused by your home router's wireless signals, home phones, cell phones, cell towers, and signals from all electronics...and an addtional 2.4GHz to 5GHz or 6GHz or whatever signal band your mouse is using..is  bad for your health? wirelss. is exactly the name.. a cleaner workstation through no wires

i thought this was relevant to this forum.not the wireless discussion we are having right now

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #6,327 of 10,950
Latency (different degrees of), batteries, and desktop cleanliness are the traits of wireless, deal with it.

Feb 18, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #6,328 of 10,950
Because the proximity of the mouse affects WASD performance or vice-versa, right?

(And, if in some bizarre way it does, just move the mouse to be below the keyboard. Congrats, you're pretty much as close to WASD as possible without actually being on the keyboard itself!)

(Alternatively: get a keyboard with a mouse on it. :v )

-- Griffinhart

Lol, maybe I should just get one of these :wink:

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #6,329 of 10,950

Quote:
Lol, maybe I should just get one of these
wink.gif

that's just brilliant :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back