Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #5,011 of 10,930
Can't remember if I posted pics of the Define R3 yet or not...

DefineFinish.jpg

I'm using 4 Scythe SFLEX E 1200 RPM fans with 3 of them on the included fan controller. Quiet can't begin to describe this setup. :wink:

I go back and forth with speeds. Right now I'm undervolted on the 560 Ti with the i5 760 at stock. Total power playing BC2 from the walls less than 300 watts thanks to Corsairs AX750. There's an F90 SSD that replaced a pair of velociraptors and put a stupid smile on my face. Those things were LOUD...and slow, haha.

I swapped the Forte with a Xonar DX and I'm much happier with the software. Dolby Headphone doesn't mess up the sound quality like CMSS3D did either. :wink:

Lets see...heatsinks a VenX, rams G.skills ECO 1.35 V CL7 1600...there's some old crappy hdds down there too, lol. Oh and boards Asus' P7P55D-E Pro. Great board...does S3 perfectly...even with the sandforce drive.

The case really is the star of the show though. $100 and I'm much happier than I ever was with the P182 or Stacker 810 or CM690.

Aug 14, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #5,012 of 10,930
I was thinking of springing for the Promise SmartStor (indeed, I wouldn't touch a Drobo). Most of the drives are duplicated storage + Time Machine in 4-interface units. One of them only has a 500GB PATA drive with a ZFS partition containing unimportant video and in the corner is a fairly new WD MyBook FW800/USB2 2TB drive.

Aug 14, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #5,013 of 10,930

Quote:
Can't remember if I posted pics of the Define R3 yet or not...

DefineFinish.jpg

I'm using 4 Scythe SFLEX E 1200 RPM fans with 3 of them on the included fan controller. Quiet can't begin to describe this setup. :wink:

I go back and forth with speeds. Right now I'm undervolted on the 560 Ti with the i5 760 at stock. Total power playing BC2 from the walls less than 300 watts thanks to Corsairs AX750. There's an F90 SSD that replaced a pair of velociraptors and put a stupid smile on my face. Those things were LOUD...and slow, haha.

I swapped the Forte with a Xonar DX and I'm much happier with the software. Dolby Headphone doesn't mess up the sound quality like CMSS3D did either. :wink:

Lets see...heatsinks a VenX, rams G.skills ECO 1.35 V CL7 1600...there's some old crappy hdds down there too, lol. Oh and boards Asus' P7P55D-E Pro. Great board...does S3 perfectly...even with the sandforce drive.

The case really is the star of the show though. $100 and I'm much happier than I ever was with the P182 or Stacker 810 or CM690.

Love your cable management C:

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #5,014 of 10,930

Quote:

I love Silverstone cases. 

I've been shopping for computer cases lately, and I got the Silverstone Raven RV02-E Evolution (white). I'm contemplating getting a black one for my other computer, or maybe the FT01, but I haven't done it yet. I'll post pictures of my RV02-E soon. 

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #5,017 of 10,930

Quote:
I was thinking of springing for the Promise SmartStor (indeed, I wouldn't touch a Drobo). Most of the drives are duplicated storage + Time Machine in 4-interface units. One of them only has a 500GB PATA drive with a ZFS partition containing unimportant video and in the corner is a fairly new WD MyBook FW800/USB2 2TB drive.

ZFS. I keep waiting to hear the bad side of ZFS and so far it's only that you can't get it to work with Windows and if you want native support and it's very hard to find a good JBOD enclosure. That being said, I came across a pretty nifty eSATA 4-bay enclosure the other day that I could have used for ZFS. And, being the highly intelligent individual I am, I didn't bookmark it.

Aug 15, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #5,021 of 10,930
Nice multiple-monitor rig.  Ironically I gave up on the idea of doing something similar just as I found a store that sold reasonably-priced mounts! 

Quote:
ZFS. I keep waiting to hear the bad side of ZFS and so far it's only that you can't get it to work with Windows and if you want native support and it's very hard to find a good JBOD enclosure. That being said, I came across a pretty nifty eSATA 4-bay enclosure the other day that I could have used for ZFS. And, being the highly intelligent individual I am, I didn't bookmark it.

I feel your pain. I've done that a few times. I'm not going with RAID anytime though, unless it is RAID 1. Everyone I know who tried to set up a RAID for redundancy lost all their data. I'd rather just keep it simple. 

Aug 15, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #5,022 of 10,930

Quote:

Yes I know Bose please don't hurt me!

Those speakers are great for nearfield listening 
smily_headphones1.gif
 If you had some space, I would suggest speaker stands.

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #5,023 of 10,930
Where did you find the large Middle Earth map???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back