Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 16, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #5,042 of 10,933
if anybody is interested, vanns somehow got some rc-10s back in stock...and for today only they're on sale for $280, from a normal sale price of $300 (msrp $600)
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/542469405/energy-rc10?s_c=site_search

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #5,045 of 10,933
So I finally cleaned up my desk enough to take a picture of it. Unfortunately the still did not come out great. My room is small and I was forced to shoot with my fisheye lens. Fun lens but maybe I should have saved up for a 14-24 or 25-70 instead. Well they aren't really in the same price range as mine, so maybe that is why. 

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #5,046 of 10,933
     Quote:
So I finally cleaned up my desk enough to take a picture of it. Unfortunately the still did not come out great. My room is small and I was forced to shoot with my fisheye lens. Fun lens but maybe I should have saved up for a 14-24 or 25-70 instead. Well they aren't really in the same price range as mine, so maybe that is why. 

There's some great gear in that photo, especially the headphone stand. :wink:
Are the LCD-2 the rev2?

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #5,047 of 10,933
No they are the rev1. Now that I think about it, I should edit that in my profile. I would like to hear the rev2. The thing is I love the rev1 so I am not going to spend the $200 or so it would cost to sell mine and by a new pair just to listen to them.

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #5,048 of 10,933
Aug 16, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #5,050 of 10,933
It's the Futurama Vol. 1-4 box set. I was selling off all my DVD's right around the time I was looking for a headphone stand. That's when I realized I should not sell Bender. I could not have sold it for much more than a Woo headphone stand would cost, and lets be honest, which one is cooler. Now all of my DVD's are gone, but Bender is still here. 

There is now someone else on Head-Fi who also has a picture of Bender as a Headphone stand as his Avatar. I got a little upset the first time I saw it, but who cares. It's not like a had a patent on the use. It has got me thinking about changing my avatar to my dog though. I am definitely the only person with my dog.

I have been looking around for another cool headphone stand for my STAX, but I haven't found anything around the house. I thought about one of those glass wig stands, but they weird me out. Also the life sized stormtrooper helment would be cool. It is likely too big, and expensive. For now they will just sit.

Aug 16, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #5,051 of 10,933
@TruBrew: I think you have the right perspective (i.e. the lens is appropriate for the size of the room).  You may want to try some softer lighting and tripod the camera to compensate for less light.  With the right light it looks like a comfy area.

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #5,053 of 10,933
There is very little light in here. I could use a lamp or two. I took the picture will my celling lamp and flash pointed behind me. I would use a tripod, but I don't own one. I was going to buy one but I don't want to spend $500. I know they can be had for much cheaper, but every person I have talked to said they enduo up buying 3 or 4 tripods before ending up with a TOTL one, and how it is cheaper just to start there. 

If I find any new inventive things to use as headphone stands I will make sure to take another picture.
Quote:
@TruBrew: I think you have the right perspective (i.e. the lens is appropriate for the size of the room).  You may want to try some softer lighting and tripod the camera to compensate for less light.  With the right light it looks like a comfy area.

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #5,054 of 10,933
What you have heard is crazy.  I've been using the same $40 Sunpak tripod for about 10 years.  It's not a fancy ball head Oben or Giottos tripod but it does the job when you need to shoot below 1/40 sec.  My advice: buy a cheap, light weight tripod that you can also use for traveling and invest in a more expensive one later.  BTW, if you're spending $500 on a tripod please make sure you have the skills and the gear to back it up.  I know I don't and I consider myself a fairly accomplished amateur photographer.  Just my $0.02.

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #5,055 of 10,933

Quote:

What Herman Miller chair is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back