Personal BEST DAC-AMP & DONGLES discoveries thread (Best finds Reference List)
Sep 23, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #256 of 328
Anyone know of an obscure tube amp that would work with some Beyer T1s?
I have an Xduoo XD-05 Plus and the tiny but amazing X3II

But I am looking for a tube amp to help the super high impedance
I've been searching for the same thing for my Sennheiser HD800S & THIS is the best bang for the buck amp,with good parts count,build quality based on my past experience & easily rolled tubes that are not very expensive that I have found...150mW@600 ohms seems a bit underpowered but with 102db.efficiency the T1's should be fine..There is also the Little Dot amps BUT this amp has MUCH better Transformers..Pretty bad A$$ for about $300.00...

Weiliang-Breeze-Audio-WBAE200-Tube-Headphone-Amp-class-A-HIFI-EXQUIS-Headset-Amplifier-E200.jpg

• Weiliang-Breeze-Audio-WBAE200-Tube-Headphone-Amp-class-A-HIFI-EXQUIS-Headset-Amplifier-E200.jpg_50x50.jpg
  • Weiliang-Breeze-Audio-WBAE200-Tube-Headphone-Amp-class-A-HIFI-EXQUIS-Headset-Amplifier-E200.jpg_50x50.jpg
Weiliang Breeze Audio WBAE200 Tube Headphone Amp class A HIFI EXQUIS Headset Amplifier E200

Sep 25, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #258 of 328
Weiliang Breeze Audio WBAE200 Tube Headphone Amp class A HIFI EXQUIS Headset Amplifier E200

Well that looks very interesting - the power is the only thing that concerns me. Have you tried it? I wonder how different the sound would be from my xDuoo XD-05.
I went from a Schiit Jot and Aeon 2 Closed to a budget set up with either used stuff or cheap chif-. I can't be happier and saved a ton of money lol

I am using the TA-20 with RCA tubes for the HD800s and really like it.
I REALLY like the TA-30 but its so expensive

Sep 30, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #259 of 328
I made a video about a few of those made by dd-Hifi :)

If you know them, they make pretty nice stuff, and this review is about each of them and what each of them does. Some of them work as intended while others don't so I compiled a video about 4 of their products :)

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #260 of 328
Well that looks very interesting - the power is the only thing that concerns me. Have you tried it? I wonder how different the sound would be from my xDuoo XD-05.
I went from a Schiit Jot and Aeon 2 Closed to a budget set up with either used stuff or cheap chif-. I can't be happier and saved a ton of money lol

I REALLY like the TA-30 but its so expensive
The TA-30 includes a DAC and is SE only so really quite different.

Nov 4, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #264 of 328
The hiss must be model specific because my original FX-Audio DAC-X6 , not the MKII, has NO hiss. I use well made IEMs in it, too. I love mine. Thanks for the review.

Always happy to help, interesting that yours had zero hiss with IEMs, maybe the unit I got was a bit iffy, there may be some unit-to-unit variation too.

Nov 5, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #267 of 328
BTR5 comes to mind really quick if you have the money. Lower money go for iBasso DC01 stuff , Tempotec Sondata HD PRO or HILIDAC Beam2

Higher budget, Nextdrvie spectrax

Btr 3K is also a good budget alternative if BTR5 seems out of reach

Nov 6, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #269 of 328
I was kinda hoping to find something small/dongle sized to run off the phone in my pocket. The iBasso's look like they might fit the bill. I see there's the 01/03 etc. Much difference between them?

The Nextdrvie spectrax looks like it'd fit the bill as well.

In that case, Tempotec Sonata and Meizu dongle are highly rated by the community. Should be amongst the options you consider

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back