Perfect Seal Custom in-ear monitors
Oct 18, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #122 of 165
Hello everybody, review of Deca up on THL.

http://theheadphonelist.com/perfect-seal-deca/

Excellent review (as always) mate!
Still enjoying your ''old'' AR6 (especially out of the DX100) over here and hopefully I can give your Deca a testdrive sometimes, during a visit
rolleyes.gif

Wow. This is way better than what I am working on :O

Well, I think that's why they've invented copy/paste
wink.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #123 of 165
Excellent review (as always) mate!
Still enjoying your ''old'' AR6 (especially out of the DX100) over here and hopefully I can give your Deca a testdrive sometimes, during a visit :rolleyes:

Well, I think that's why they've invented copy/paste :wink:

Haha yes :D Thanks Erik, More than welcome!

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #127 of 165
Just completed reading the review, great stuff as usual @flinkenick! Enjoyed it. Nice to see the Perfect Seal flagship getting reviewed so comprehensively. Both the AR6 and the Deca sounds interesting to me but seems like the Deca is a bit more conventional compared to the unique presentation of the AR6. I hope to try them out in the future sometime.

Also nice to see the Jomo Samba in your list! I am assuming there will be a review of it somewhere down the line? 

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #128 of 165
Oct 21, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #131 of 165
I just picked up the QP1R. The AR6 has never sounded better. Haven't tried the Deca on it yet but so far I would say this is the best sounding DAP I've heard. Better than AK240, better than LPG, and better than a Tera stack.

Oct 21, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #132 of 165
I'd like to chime in to say that the AR6 have been my daily IEMs for nearly a year now, and they are simply awesome to the extent that I see zero point finding another reference pair of IEMs.

I struggle to find fault with it - perhaps it is slightly too resolving? It decimates poor recordings, but sounds utterly superb with well-recorded/mastered tracks with good dynamic range. Admittedly I also do find myself yearning for more copious bass at times. I'll likely get a separate pair of IEMs for that.

I have used them with numerous setups thus far, the best being the Sony ZX2 running balanced out. In general, I find that they best pair with smoother sources/amps. Helps buffer some of the treble harshness with bad tracks.

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #133 of 165
I just picked up the QP1R. The AR6 has never sounded better. Haven't tried the Deca on it yet but so far I would say this is the best sounding DAP I've heard. Better than AK240, better than LPG, and better than a Tera stack.

Wow...
42268-You-had-my-curiosity-but-now-y-MK6z.gif

I'd like to chime in to say that the AR6 have been my daily IEMs for nearly a year now, and they are simply awesome to the extent that I see zero point finding another reference pair of IEMs.

I struggle to find fault with it - perhaps it is slightly too resolving? It decimates poor recordings, but sounds utterly superb with well-recorded/mastered tracks with good dynamic range. Admittedly I also do find myself yearning for more copious bass at times. I'll likely get a separate pair of IEMs for that.

I have used them with numerous setups thus far, the best being the Sony ZX2 running balanced out. In general, I find that they best pair with smoother sources/amps. Helps buffer some of the treble harshness with bad tracks.

Although I try to devide my listening time between several (c)iems, the AR6 absolutely is a special (awesome indeed) one!
Especially from DX100 the synergy is crazy good, lows are totally there and air + soundstage is nothing less than amazing...

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #134 of 165
Wow...
42268-You-had-my-curiosity-but-now-y-MK6z.gif

Although I try to devide my listening time between several (c)iems, the AR6 absolutely is a special (awesome indeed) one!
Especially from DX100 the synergy is crazy good, lows are totally there and air + soundstage is nothing less than amazing...

Can't discount good synergy though. So far I've tried Maestro, Aurisonics 1-Plus, AR6 and Andromeda. QP1R sounds stellar with all. However I still will be listening to Andromeda on my mezzo modded AK120. Synergy is too great to deny. Otherwise I have to say for SQ, the QP1R seems to be in a league of its own. Just keep in mind the UI is fairly basic and scroll wheel is meh.

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #135 of 165
Can't discount good synergy though. So far I've tried Maestro, Aurisonics 1-Plus, AR6 and Andromeda. QP1R sounds stellar with all. However I still will be listening to Andromeda on my mezzo modded AK120. Synergy is too great to deny. Otherwise I have to say for SQ, the QP1R seems to be in a league of its own. Just keep in mind the UI is fairly basic and scroll wheel is meh.

The wheel is pretty much unusable initially but it does loosen up after a few weeks of regular usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back