Perfect headphones for me (in a budget of about $100)?
Feb 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #61 of 85
SR60 with L-cush pads would be great. Better than SR80 with the stock pads. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #62 of 85
I came in to say sr80i but since everyone else did I'll mention another...

AKG k540s... Idk about their availability in the US, I bought them in Poland, but I'm sure you can order them.  They're around $100 and a pretty neutral / semi-open (but not very), a little too crisp on the high ends for my tastes but they're decent to say the least.  They can be portable and they look good but I wouldn't opt for walking around with them tbh.

Feb 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #66 of 85

Quote:
I came in to say sr80i but since everyone else did I'll mention another...

AKG k540s... Idk about their availability in the US, I bought them in Poland, but I'm sure you can order them.  They're around $100 and a pretty neutral / semi-open (but not very), a little too crisp on the high ends for my tastes but they're decent to say the least.  They can be portable and they look good but I wouldn't opt for walking around with them tbh.

Although those K540s look like an excellent pair of headphones, at this point, I am pretty convinced that I want a pair of Grados. Thank you for the suggestion. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #72 of 85
they are airy almost. they sound like any of the audiophile phones i listened to at NAMM. Well, i surely recommend them.
They dont punch you in the face, but you rather hear the bass. with good mastered music, this is the best it can get without an amp (to my tastes) ORDER THEM FOR 55 ON AMAZON RIGHT NOW. THEY HAVE A RETURN POLICY IF YOU DONT LIKE THEM!

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #74 of 85

Quote:
they are airy almost. they sound like any of the audiophile phones i listened to at NAMM. Well, i surely recommend them.
They dont punch you in the face, but you rather hear the bass. with good mastered music, this is the best it can get without an amp (to my tastes) ORDER THEM FOR 55 ON AMAZON RIGHT NOW. THEY HAVE A RETURN POLICY IF YOU DONT LIKE THEM!

Since they happen to be $55, they are just cheap enough where I would feel wrong about spending an extra $25 on Grado SR60i's or and extra $45 on SR80i's. I guess I will be buying the CALs after all. 

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #75 of 85
Wow, I am suddenly having trouble pressing "Buy" on the CAL!s. I really feel like I want a pair of Grados. I can't say why, but maybe the price drop isn't enough to keep me from getting the Grados. The reviews seem to be way better on the Grados. I just can't decide. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back