People With Beats Are So Annoying...
May 6, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #17 of 104

Quote:
I have two friends that have Beats. So on Facebook, one of them says "YEAH BREH, BEATS R SOOOO BOSSSS!!!" So I comment back saying "No, they are not that good. You can get some $80 headphones that are way better than them" So then we get into this long arguement. Then at one point my friend says "Well they r realllly good if u like BASSS"

So anyway, one day we carpool to a meeting, and he says "Hey, I heard you DON'T LIKE BEATZ?!" I'm like yeah. They are not that good. So we get into another arguement, and then he gets really annoying. He keeps saying "THEY R SOOO GOOD FOR BASS THOUGH!" I wil then tell him that music isn't made of bass alone. So he then gets annoying again, and won't listen to anything I have to say. He'll just keep reverting back to "They are realllly good for bass!" or, "Different people like different headphones!"

Then, my other friend who has Beats, is not as annoying. He broke his Beats about a week ago, so I'm trying to get him into the real "audiophile world" if you will :). It's kind of working. All I need to do is have him come over to my house and try out my setup.

Anyway, conclusion, don't argue with people who own Beats because they will never listen to a thing you have to say.

Another one? *sigh*

May 6, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #19 of 104
Cool story, OP. Kuddos to the guy with customs and a balanced amp, you probably smirk inside every time a "Thug" looks down on you with his Beats.

My constribution to the bass discussion: Like someone else said, I too love an extra impact on almost everything I listen to. The exception is music that I would like to listen to live, not in a club. I want to hear Coltrane like I was there, I want to imagine Miles Davis playing in front of me, and the extra impact really ruins that experience for me. That's why, in the end, I'm a fan of neutral-as-possible headphones and gently equalizing when needed be. Or, if you can, have a sealed bassy model and an open neutral one.

Unrelated note: did anyone else notice the Beats advertisement on Head-Fi's latest episode?

May 6, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #20 of 104
A friend saw my M50's yesterday and asked me how much they cost. I told him it was about $120 bucks, and he said "No way! You can get some skullcandies for less than that that are waaaaaaay better!"

I let him try them out and his only response, kind of ashamed, I think, "Them's headphones."

Hopefully he turns around. :/

May 6, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #21 of 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willanhanyard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

......."Different people like different headphones!"

Quoted for truth...

May 6, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #22 of 104

Quote:

People With Beats Are So Annoying...

I completely agree with you.  Just a few weeks back, I went into a local pizza joint to get a few slices of pizza for lunch.  There were about 6 - 7 people in line and the guy at the end of the line was actually sitting on the edge of a booth seat wearing his BEATS.  I said "excuse me" as I wanted to cut between him and the next to the last guy in line.  The guy with the BEATS on said: "way to cut into the line".  I wasn't cutting into the line, I was actually excusing myself to cut through the line so I could go into the restroom to wash my hands prior to eating.  What a tool that guy was.

May 6, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #25 of 104

Quote:

I completely agree with you.  Just a few weeks back, I went into a local pizza joint to get a few slices of pizza for lunch.  There were about 6 - 7 people in line and the guy at the end of the line was actually sitting on the edge of a booth seat wearing his BEATS.  I said "excuse me" as I wanted to cut between him and the next to the last guy in line.  The guy with the BEATS on said: "way to cut into the line".  I wasn't cutting into the line, I was actually excusing myself to cut through the line so I could go into the restroom to wash my hands prior to eating.  What a tool that guy was.

Beats are bad headphones. People who buy Beats are generally misinformed/don't give a crap. That does not mean that necessarily everyone who wears them are douchebags, or even less that all douchebags wear them

May 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #29 of 104

Quote:
Beats are bad headphones. People who buy Beats are generally misinformed/don't give a crap. That does not mean that necessarily everyone who wears them are douchebags, or even less that all douchebags wear them

I'll live with the fact that this guy was a douchebag in general.  It was just his own misfortune that he was wearing a pair of BEATS at the time.

May 6, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #30 of 104

Quote:
I'll live with the fact that this guy was a douchebag in general.  It was just his own misfortune that he was wearing a pair of BEATS at the time.

funny thing is that i see more beats iems then skullcandy now. it looks like people realized skullcandy was crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back