People With Beats Are So Annoying...
May 5, 2011 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104

Willanhanyard

New Head-Fier
I have two friends that have Beats. So on Facebook, one of them says "YEAH BREH, BEATS R SOOOO BOSSSS!!!" So I comment back saying "No, they are not that good. You can get some $80 headphones that are way better than them" So then we get into this long arguement. Then at one point my friend says "Well they r realllly good if u like BASSS"

So anyway, one day we carpool to a meeting, and he says "Hey, I heard you DON'T LIKE BEATZ?!" I'm like yeah. They are not that good. So we get into another arguement, and then he gets really annoying. He keeps saying "THEY R SOOO GOOD FOR BASS THOUGH!" I wil then tell him that music isn't made of bass alone. So he then gets annoying again, and won't listen to anything I have to say. He'll just keep reverting back to "They are realllly good for bass!" or, "Different people like different headphones!"

Then, my other friend who has Beats, is not as annoying. He broke his Beats about a week ago, so I'm trying to get him into the real "audiophile world" if you will :). It's kind of working. All I need to do is have him come over to my house and try out my setup.

Anyway, conclusion, don't argue with people who own Beats because they will never listen to a thing you have to say.

May 5, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #3 of 104
This is why Palestinians and Jews don't discuss religion or politics. Nobody wins.

May 5, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 104

Quote:
Easiest way to humble them is to just let them listen to a headphone rig that has great bass.  I believe in you!

^Agree with tactic; you gotta let people listen to other headphones, otherwise you can just argue forever. Which is pointless. You believe your headphones are better because you've heard them AND the Beats. Can you really blame a Beats fan when he's never heard anything better than the Beats?

Your friend is right on a few points though: different people do like different headphones, and maybe the Beats are good for bass (though rubbish at everything else). So, unless you have a headphone that is better than the Beats at bass (and as a bonus, better at other things too), he's still right.

May 6, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #7 of 104
The problem is that you're going to find a hard time getting the pure bassheads to get turned away from the beats.  I found they like impact the best, and there's a select few amount of higher end headphones that really focus on giving you taught bass with good impact.  Have fun trying to impress them.  It is a game within itself.  Another way is to just crank the volume up on headphones if they like listening to things really loud.  If you got a great amp and headphones, your music won't turn to mush at higher volumes.  The same can't be said for their setup.  :wink:

May 6, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #8 of 104
I actualy used to be like my friend though :D. I though that if you had a huge amount of bass, the song would sound good. It didn't matter about the other "stuff". Then I went to a music store and tried on some $200 headphones on (they weren't beats or bose. I think they were some Sennheisers, but I don't remember). My mind was completely changed about audio. From then on, I think the bass should "blend in", so to speak with the music, not stand out.

Oh yeah, and when he said "Different people like different headphones", he hasn't tried anything else than his Beats, so he doesn't know that if he got some headphones for the same price ($250 I think they were), his Beats would be blown out of the water.

May 6, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #9 of 104
I personally feel like a lot of bass can be a really good thing.  It's always nice to have extra impact in a song, but it just needs to be implemented right.  All too easy to create a bass spike in a headphone or speakers that's very loose and boomy, making it override the rest of the music and being extremely inefficient for the sake of getting a small amount of impact.  Boomy and invasive = yuck.  Tight and impactful = yummy.  I can certainly see where beats are coming from, but they're accomplishing it in an inefficient way while being overpriced on top of it.

May 6, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #10 of 104
i had a friend of a friend of mine sit next to me in my computer animation class and he had the black beats solo's, i looked at him and was a bit of a dick and said "you got ripped off man, beats are over priced, my shure srh840 sounds better" who scoffed at me and asked how much i paid for my shure's, i said "$130 but they were on sale from $200" and he looked at them and said, "i don't know what your talking about these things sound amazing". the next day he came to class with some ibuds. i think they broke on him.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #14 of 104
I LOVE BASS! but the beats sounded like ass to me, not the rare kind either. If you catch my drift.

M50s beat the Beats to a oozing pulp.

I would love to see a picture of an obnoxious Beats consumer showing off his Beats to a guy with an LCD-2 on. That would simply make my day.

As it is on the subway and bus, usually I find Beats wearer's behaving like douches and staring me down even though I have customs and a balanced amp rofl.

May 6, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #15 of 104
hmmm something with more bass than the beats. Not just more bass, but cleaner and more detailed bass. Sounds like a job for the Sony XB-1000 or the Ultrasone 900. I can personally vouch for the Ultrasone 900 after you let it burn in for 200 hours. They sound amazing! Since knowledge is power, just have your friend listen to your stuff. I'm at a point in my life where my friends don't question my audio, and i don't question theirs. They're not willing to spend as much as i do for audio and they like having their beats and whatnot. Just have your friends listen to your headphones and go on from there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back