People With Beats Are So Annoying...
May 6, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #31 of 104
My brother has a pair of Dre earbuds, which broke on him
biggrin.gif
and he says that those and my SE535 sound the same
eek.gif
Most of the people at my school have Skullcandies or some piece of shizz, but when i come in with my SE535 people are like whoaaaaaaaa, and they say things like " those are like hearing aids," and "i like that cable."

May 7, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #32 of 104
There is a lot of biased opinions on Bose, Monster and Skullcandy, even here on Head-Fi. Consumers think they are a massive high-end studio monitor made for the general public (which is complete and utter RUBBISH), while after reading some first impression of the Skullcandy Aviators (which IMO sounds pretty good for its price point) on Head-Fi, people wouldn't even give it a chance and just flame it.

Even if the Beats are massively overpriced, overhyped AND overrated, they still have a pretty good SQ, just not at its price point. So is Bose, since its more of a businessman type of company. With this in mind, I guess I know what to do in the future...

TAKE OVER MONSTER AS THEIR CEO!!! MUAHAHA!!!

May 7, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #33 of 104
LOL, I had the same exact argument with someone last week.  He put up the same exact points.  The bass!  Then he tried to shoot down my RE0s...

May 7, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #34 of 104
Alright the new threads for monster/bose/skullcandy bashing really needs to end, it's dumb. There are countless, literally countless numbers of other threads to go on if you feel like bashing them... no need for another one.

May 7, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #38 of 104

Quote:
Personally, I can't imagine meself wearing XBs out in public...

Dido, "just look at the donuts strapped to my head!" Haha not going to work too well. Especially with someone who is into beats, because beats are all about looks and the XB series just... aren't lol.

May 7, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #39 of 104

Quote:
There is a lot of biased opinions on Bose, Monster and Skullcandy, even here on Head-Fi. Consumers think they are a massive high-end studio monitor made for the general public (which is complete and utter RUBBISH), while after reading some first impression of the Skullcandy Aviators (which IMO sounds pretty good for its price point) on Head-Fi, people wouldn't even give it a chance and just flame it.

Even if the Beats are massively overpriced, overhyped AND overrated, they still have a pretty good SQ, just not at its price point. So is Bose, since its more of a businessman type of company. With this in mind, I guess I know what to do in the future...

TAKE OVER MONSTER AS THEIR CEO!!! MUAHAHA!!!

If you're talking about the Pros, you're correct. If you're talking about the Solos/Studios, I have to disagree. Not only overpriced, but also crappy. I won't even comment what analytical listening feels like on those things. As for bass... if you really enjoy your low end, I think you wouldn't like uncontrolled, flabby bass. It's not that they have too much, but that it sucks in quality. So I assume you're refering to the Pros

Side note: we enjoy bashing on the Beats. It boosts our egos and makes us feel better than all the jerks that look down on us while wearing those things in the mall. It's either this or go emo and start saying "no one understands me"

May 7, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #40 of 104

Quote:
If you're talking about the Pros, you're correct. If you're talking about the Solos/Studios, I have to disagree. Not only overpriced, but also crappy. I won't even comment what analytical listening feels like on those things. As for bass... if you really enjoy your low end, I think you wouldn't like uncontrolled, flabby bass. It's not that they have too much, but that it sucks in quality. So I assume you're refering to the Pros  
Side note: we enjoy bashing on the Beats. It boosts our egos and makes us feel better than all the jerks that look down on us while wearing those things in the mall. It's either this or go emo and start saying "no one understands me"

Good point. But apart from the recessed mids and flabby bass of the Studios, those things can cause a stir at a $150 price range.

Bashing on the Beats? If you mean it literally, I think we're on the same page :)

May 7, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #41 of 104

Quote:

Good point. But apart from the recessed mids and flabby bass of the Studios, those things can cause a stir at a $150 price range.

Bashing on the Beats? If you mean it literally, I think we're on the same page :)

They seem as though they are "environmental friendly" - as most of the components look like they could be easily recycled. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #43 of 104
I actually got a friend with the beats studios, he is in my multimedia class and my other friend (also an audiophile) and I asked him to pick a bassy song for this video we are making, and his was like HUH?
confused.gif
 Its amazing how some one would buy a pair of $500AUD headphones without knowing ANYTHING about audio. 

Jul 16, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #44 of 104
DT770 Pros have more bass and better detailed bass than the beats IMO

Jul 16, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #45 of 104
Heya,

Another beats thread.

Frankly, people who are getting beats and like them are well within reason to like them and stick with them. So what if something else is technically and sonically better and cheaper while accomplishing that. Not everyone is into high fidelity. There's a difference between someone who is into high fidelity and someone who just wants a stylish bassy set of headphones that are mainstream known by everyone, available everywhere, and expensive enough to make a statement. You can't argue audiophilia technicalities with someone who isn't an audiphile interested in high fidelity. They clearly are not after reproduction of music. So for them beats are perfect.

Same reason why no salesman has sold me a new car yet. I'm not interested in performance and efficiency there. I'm just not `into' cars.

Anyhow, I've had someone notice my Ultrasones and say "Nice headphones, but have you listened to Beats?" I let them hear my Ultrasone 900 Pro on my portable amp. They didn't even know what to say. And frankly, they look better than Beats candy/pool hall look.

*Sigh* I guess I'm just over the Beats & M50 threads.
evil_smiley.gif

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back