People With Beats Are So Annoying...
Jul 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #47 of 104
Okay, three questions.

1.  How many of the people posting how bad they are have, uh, *LISTENED* to them?  I did, at the Best Buy here when I was debating between turbines and Klipsch (while ago, have Atrios now), and more than anything else they reminded me of the cars you hear driving by going WHOOMP-aaa WHOMP-aaa WHOMP-aaa...

2. If you *LIKE* having music that goes WHOOMP-aaa WHOMP-aaa WHOMP-aaa... (whether that's actually in the recording or not 
eek.gif
 ), and I mean you *LIKE* it after you've listened to more, uh, accurate reproduction, in car, speakers or 'phones, what's wrong with that?

3.  If your goal is to have things hanging from the side of your head going WHOOMP-aaa WHOMP-aaa WHOMP-aaa... regardless of what kind of music you play or what's actually in the recording, can anyone here suggest a pair of phones - any kind of phone, IEM, over ear, on ear, in ear, stapled to ear - that will do a better job of that than Beats?

I mean, some people liked Bic Venturi speakers, or Cerwin Vega speakers, or cheap "subwoofers" cranked way up and crossed over at 120Hz...

Me, I put ketchup on lasagna.  So sue me.

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #48 of 104

Quote:
I have two friends that have Beats. So on Facebook, one of them says "YEAH BREH, BEATS R SOOOO BOSSSS!!!" So I comment back saying "No, they are not that good. You can get some $80 headphones that are way better than them" So then we get into this long arguement. Then at one point my friend says "Well they r realllly good if u like BASSS"

So anyway, one day we carpool to a meeting, and he says "Hey, I heard you DON'T LIKE BEATZ?!" I'm like yeah. They are not that good. So we get into another arguement, and then he gets really annoying. He keeps saying "THEY R SOOO GOOD FOR BASS THOUGH!" I wil then tell him that music isn't made of bass alone. So he then gets annoying again, and won't listen to anything I have to say. He'll just keep reverting back to "They are realllly good for bass!" or, "Different people like different headphones!"

Then, my other friend who has Beats, is not as annoying. He broke his Beats about a week ago, so I'm trying to get him into the real "audiophile world" if you will :). It's kind of working. All I need to do is have him come over to my house and try out my setup.

Anyway, conclusion, don't argue with people who own Beats because they will never listen to a thing you have to say.

I agree with you 100% man, I can't stand when my friends brag about how great their beats are. I've given up trying to convince my friends not to waste their hard earned money on a 300 dollar pair of beats... Sometimes its best to just let them think they have "the best" and be contempt with that.

However, if you do want to open some eyes and fight the whole 'Beats have the best/great bass' argument, you could just pick up a cheap pair of xb500's. I got some for 20 bucks second hand. I'm no basshead, but the bass response on them is insane, and I use them as a "guilty pleasure" can when occasionally listening to electronic. There's not much to the cans for refined music enjoyment sadly, but the bass is a whole level above that of the beats, and not to mention, the mids and the highs as well.

Jul 17, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #49 of 104
OhLookIt'sThisThreadAgain.jpg

http://www.head-fi.org/search.php?search=beats+by+dr.+dre

There should be a sticky re-directing all Beats questions/comments/rants/"cool stories" to the above link.

Jul 17, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #50 of 104

Quote:
OhLookIt'sThisThreadAgain.jpg

http://www.head-fi.org/search.php?search=beats+by+dr.+dre

There should be a sticky re-directing all Beats questions/comments/rants/"cool stories" to the above link.

Couldn't agree more. There are already a billion threads about the same thing. Move your bickering to one of those, instead of thinking your situation is so much different and making your own thread. It's just a bunch of noobs starting these because they know it will generate a ton of posts.

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #51 of 104
Give him some 80Ohm Pro DT770's and his attitude will change :wink:

Really I know a few people who think Beats are THE best. One was a previous co-worker and he would not listen to me wither. I decided to get him a used DT770 from beyerdynamic's ebay page. He was really blown away and he asked how much they cost. When I told him they were $130 he just gave me a stare then replied "But my Beats were $299, you must be lying. There's no way they are cheaper and better". 
confused_face_2.gif

I know what you mean though. Some of my managers think Beats are beast but when I explain they don't get it. 
blink.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #52 of 104
not reading this whole thing but I did read the first few posts...I've convinced a few bass heads with my AH-D7000's hehe.  I did listen to the Beats once in a Best Buy...muddy is a great word to describe them.

Jul 18, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #54 of 104

Quote:
not reading this whole thing but I did read the first few posts...I've convinced a few bass heads with my AH-D7000's hehe.  I did listen to the Beats once in a Best Buy...muddy is a great word to describe them.

Do you know any bass-heavy cans in the price range of beats that still maintain decent mids and highs? 

Jul 18, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #57 of 104
Jul 18, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #58 of 104
Jul 18, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #60 of 104
Quote:
http://www.headphone.com/headphones/ultrasone-pro-900.php

And your pay that much for them because?  Street price is what counts, not MAP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back