Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Apr 4, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #181 of 1,871
If you bought it new, than it's probably the latest (2nd gen.) one, which should look like this...

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #183 of 1,871
Maybe it was a special upgrade cable in that pic...wouldn't know
rolleyes.gif

Got the pic from this (earlier) post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/739745/ibasso-oriolus-hybrid-iem/120#post_12186742

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #185 of 1,871
Demo and bought it straight. However, it's out of stock at the moment and I am number 6 in the queue. The stock tip is too short for me. Fitted well and this IEM sounds great. I chose this instead of the Jupiter and Angie II. Everything sound so natural. I have been listening to my ES5 for 4 years and finally succeeded in looking for a universal fit IEM that I like.

What are some recommend tips? Shop recommend Spinfit which they claim is longer.

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #186 of 1,871
Demo and bought it straight. However, it's out of stock at the moment and I am number 6 in the queue. The stock tip is too short for me. Fitted well and this IEM sounds great. I chose this instead of the Jupiter and Angie II. Everything sound so natural. I have been listening to my ES5 for 4 years and finally succeeded in looking for a universal fit IEM that I like.

What are some recommend tips? Shop recommend Spinfit which they claim is longer.

How would you compare Oriolus' sq and signature vs that of SE5?

I have JVC spiral dot (M) tips on almost all my universals and these work great for me 
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't know if they're longer than your stock tips though, but maybe you can try them...

Btw, welcome to HF (saw the above was your first post)!
beerchug.gif

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #187 of 1,871

How would you compare Oriolus' sq and signature vs that of SE5?

I have JVC spiral dot (M) tips on almost all my universals and these work great for me 
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't know if they're longer than your stock tips though, but maybe you can try them...

Btw, welcome to HF (saw the above was your first post)!
beerchug.gif

it's not the SE5 (spiral ears) he mentioned but the ES5 (westone)

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #189 of 1,871

Where did you buy yours from?

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #191 of 1,871
the bass is better controlled (flabby on the  tg334) and the highs are well extended
Flabby bass means it has a lot of bass? What sort of music you listen to ?

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #195 of 1,871
How would you compare the instrument separation, clarity and imaging of the Oriolus to the tg! 334?

following this discussion, as i saw oriolus in the local shop and they said its on par with the TG334.

also wondering how it compare with other universal, such as Inear SD4, Tralucent 1Plus2, Shure 846 and Earsonic S-EM6.

Haven't heard the others, but the Oriolus was way better than 846 and S-EM6, in soundstage width and depth, clarity, and top to bottom coherency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back