Oriolus Hybrid IEM
May 31, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #61 of 1,871
Here is the result of the last week fujia avic show:
KL-REF> Oriolus custom ≧ Just Ear = SAVANT> Maverick custom> Monet17> Other

It seems like the choice of having your IEM remoulded to custom is something that the owner can apply later down the track.

Source: http://headphone-plus-earphone.com/headphone-festival-2015-spring/5/

May 31, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #62 of 1,871

It seems like the choice of having your IEM remoulded to custom is something that the owner can apply later down the track.

Wow. Didn't imagine KL-REF would be a winner like that.

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #66 of 1,871
  Close to $900

Nice pics
biggrin.gif

Have you tried them yourself and if so what was your impression?

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #68 of 1,871

Hum...Anakchan said the Monet 17 is very very good, and given feedback I've seen on some of these iems, this ranking seems...weird

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #69 of 1,871
My ranking would be:

Oriolus>Maverick>Savant>Just ears>KL Ref (I didn't try the Monet17)
biggrin.gif

I tried again the Oriolus at a shop, and I really think it's one of the best, or one of my favorite in the high end market. It's a warm and thick sounding IEM (reminding me fitear 334 and 335), with one of the best natural tone I heard in a IEM. The transitions between low to mids and between mids to highs are so smooth. We don't feel we are listening to a mutiple driver IEM. My next IEM purchase for sure. (when I'll have the cash
confused_face.gif
).

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #72 of 1,871
  My ranking would be:

Oriolus>Maverick>Savant>Just ears>KL Ref (I didn't try the Monet17)
biggrin.gif

I tried again the Oriolus at a shop, and I really think it's one of the best, or one of my favorite in the high end market. It's a warm and thick sounding IEM (reminding me fitear 334 and 335), with one of the best natural tone I heard in a IEM. The transitions between low to mids and between mids to highs are so smooth. We don't feel we are listening to a mutiple driver IEM. My next IEM purchase for sure. (when I'll have the cash
confused_face.gif
).

Better than K10?

Jun 3, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #73 of 1,871
My ranking would be:

Oriolus>Maverick>Savant>Just ears>KL Ref (I didn't try the Monet17):D

I tried again the Oriolus at a shop, and I really think it's one of the best, or one of my favorite in the high end market. It's a warm and thick sounding IEM (reminding me fitear 334 and 335), with one of the best natural tone I heard in a IEM. The transitions between low to mids and between mids to highs are so smooth. We don't feel we are listening to a mutiple driver IEM. My next IEM purchase for sure. (when I'll have the cash:confused_face: ).

In fact I find the low to mid integration of the Oriolus to be better than 846 which is purely BA

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #74 of 1,871
Mimouille: hard to say, the K10 seem better on some area (resolution, trebles...) and the oriolus seems to do better on some other area (bass, tone, naturalness...), I didn't do any direct comparison so... For sure those two have a very different approach of the sound.

zeissiez: I might agree with you, and I'm a big fan of the 846 and their bass and mid-bass presentation. I owned the 846 during more than a year.

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #75 of 1,871
Mimouille: hard to say, the K10 seem better on some area (resolution, trebles...) and the oriolus seems to do better on some other area (bass, tone, naturalness...), I didn't do any direct comparison so... For sure those two have a very different approach of the sound.

zeissiez: I might agree with you, and I'm a big fan of the 846 and their bass and mid-bass presentation. I owned the 846 during more than a year.

There it goes again:))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back