Oriolus Hybrid IEM
May 18, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #46 of 1,871
I tried them at the Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival and liked them a lot. It was a very natural and viceral sound with great resolution. The bass and the mids especially were beautiffuly tuned. Maybe the hybrid I like the most.

May 18, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #47 of 1,871
To the guys who tried them at the weekend.. how big are the shells and how is the fit in comparison to something like the Tralucent 1p2 which can be a bit finicky for some folk?

Thanks for the impressions too :)

Cheers

May 18, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #49 of 1,871
To the guys who tried them at the weekend.. how big are the shells and how is the fit in comparison to something like the Tralucent 1p2 which can be a bit finicky for some folk?

Thanks for the impressions too :)

Cheers

It's a bit smaller than an Angie, but definitely not small. Thankfully they held pretty well to my ears. It sound better than the Angie, bigger soundstage, more air, much better bass and much better mid.

May 18, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #50 of 1,871
It's a bit smaller than an Angie, but definitely not small. Thankfully they held pretty well to my ears. It sound better than the Angie, bigger soundstage, more air, much better bass and much better mid.

Thanks mate..well it cant be any bigger than my universal roxanne lol..but im well interested in this hybrid now,hopefully we will see some reviewers getting samples soon and further impressions forthcoming ...

May 18, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #51 of 1,871
Any idea how it compares to K10?

It's two very different kind of approach, two very different design. I have a K10U that I love very much but didn't do any direct comparison. However I feel the K10U put out more microdetails, while the Oriolus felt more natural and envelopping sounding where the K10U has a clearer separation between the instruments and a slight timbres coloration. I felt a little bit more texture and extention on the K10's trebles while the treble of the Oriolus were slightly dryer but still very pleasant and never agressive (on both IEM).

May 18, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #52 of 1,871

Thanks mate..well it cant be much bigger than my universal roxanne lol..but im well interested in this hybrid now,hopefully we will see some reviewers getting samples soon and further impressions forthcoming ...

It's one of the best I have heard, topped only by Unique Melody Mason and Mentor, which trumped even the mighty Roxanne. Now I wonder how the K10 and the 1plus2 compare.

May 18, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #53 of 1,871
Any idea how it compares to K10?

It's two very different kind of approach, two very different design. I have a K10U that I love very much but didn't do any direct comparison. However I feel the K10U put out more microdetails, while the Oriolus felt more natural and envelopping sounding where the K10U has a clearer separation between the instruments and a slight timbres coloration. I felt a little bit more texture and extention on the K10's trebles while the treble of the Oriolus were slightly dryer but still very pleasant and never agressive (on both IEM).

Thanks for the comparison :). So the K10 is still better overall? Anyway, not bad for Oriolus at this price :wink:

May 18, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #54 of 1,871
I don't know about that (which one is better overall) those 2 bring on the table so different things that it is more about what you are looking for in a high end IEM than which one is better.
etysmile.gif

I might grab a pair of those Oriorus one day. The week end, the shop e-earphone did a survey: they asked their customers to compare the UM Maverick (an other great hybrid) to the Oriorus and chose wich one they prefer (after listening both of course). The oriorus gets 100 votes and the Maverick 73 votes.
http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=12781

May 18, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #55 of 1,871
  I don't know about that (which one is better overall) those 2 bring on the table so different things that it is more about what you are looking for in a high end IEM than which one is better.
etysmile.gif

I might grab a pair of those Oriorus one day. The week end, the shop e-earphone did a survey: they asked their customers to compare the UM Maverick (an other great hybrid) to the Oriorus and chose wich one they prefer (after listening both of course). The oriorus gets 100 votes and the Maverick 73 votes.

Interesting you should mention that Marshal as I had been seriously considering the Maverick too as of late..But with it being a Japan based iem its kinda hard to get feedback on it..maybe will have to buy both now when the wallet allows
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #56 of 1,871
It's one of the best I have heard, topped only by Unique Melody Mason and Mentor, which trumped even the mighty Roxanne. Now I wonder how the K10 and the 1plus2 compare.

I have a 1p2 for some months (like them a lot, especially from my X5 + Cayin C5 stack) and I'm interested in a K10(U) also for some time. So, last week I asked a fellow headfi-er (from who I knew he had owned/heard them both) about the differences. This was his reply:

Noble K10U is not a massive upgrade over the 1P2 IMO - but it does have a much more full less transparent sound, it's a little coloured but that adds to the richness if you like that type of thing.
I previously had the K10U but sold it as the Unique Melody Mason was better to me when I A/B tested them. I then felt I didnt give the K10U enough eartime so picked it up again.

As you can see he also mentioned the Mason and although the K10 is still on my wishlist, the Oriolus for ''only'' $800 has joined it on that (not so long) list...

May 18, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #57 of 1,871

I don't know about that (which one is better overall) those 2 bring on the table so different things that it is more about what you are looking for in a high end IEM than which one is better.:etysmile:

Interesting you should mention that Marshal as I had been seriously considering the Maverick too as of late..But with it being a Japan based iem its kinda hard to get feedback on it..maybe will have to buy both now when the wallet allows :D

Unique Melody is Chinese but in China, the Maverick is not available, but instead there's a 12-BA Mason. In general I find UM earphones to be excellent in details, clarity, huge in soundstage and very good in transparency. The Oriolus is a bit less capable in these aspects, but the sound is very coherent and musical.

I have a 1p2 for some months (like them a lot, especially from my X5 + Cayin C5 stack) and I'm interested in a K10(U) also for some time. So, last week I asked a fellow headfi-er (from who I knew he had owned/heard them both) about the differences. This was his reply:

Noble K10U is not a massive upgrade over the 1P2 IMO - but it does have a much more full less transparent sound, it's a little coloured but that adds to the richness if you like that type of thing.
I previously had the K10U but sold it as the Unique Melody Mason was better to me when I A/B tested them. I then felt I didnt give the K10U enough eartime so picked it up again.

As you can see he also mentioned the Mason and although the K10 is still on my wishlist, the Oriolus for ''only'' $800 has joined it on that (not so long) list...

Thanks for sharing this. So from what I gather or heard, the K10, traluscent 1p2/Ref1, Mason, Oriolus, Maverick are the top choices. I haven't heard the Layla, but the Angie & Roxanne were disappointing, they sound muffled next to even the humble Merlin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back