OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Aug 12, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #421 of 761
Hi
Hi kenman!
Just got your address last night and sent it out before collection today, it should arrive Friday. I put the stock pads back on, someone earlier though thoughtfully wrote Lambskin Original in sharpie on the back of those pads so you don't get them mixed up. When you get it, could you help me remember which pads had the larger ear opening?

Hope you enjoy!

Sweet

I know they are not likely on the same level, but my coworker is letting me borrow his HD 598's for the weekend and I have a pair of Sony MDR-CD850's coming this friday as well. This should make for one awesome weekend of testing equipment and the PM-2's. 

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #422 of 761
I don't know if this is still going but I'd be interested in trying out the PM-1's and agree to the terms. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #423 of 761
mjban Jiffy Squid

Just sent out the PM-1 you should receive them Saturday she said. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did, a true benchmark.

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #428 of 761
If still available, I'm interested in the PM-1 loaner program and agree to all the terms and conditions. 

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #430 of 761
PM-2 review posted!
♎
I hope you guys enjoy!
http://www.head-fi.org/products/oppo-pm-2/reviews/13940

Sweet!!! Let us know how you feel about the PM1 compared to your AKG. I'm very familiar with the AKG house sound so I'm interested in your thoughts on the OPPO.

I compared the PM-2 against both the K612 and K712. Tonally, the PM-2 was closer to the K612 in balance, but didn't have nearly the power/driving requirements of the AKG, and I never heard graininess on the Oppo from being underfed during a more dynamic moment of a song. The PM-2 "sits" closer to the performance stage and has less width emphasis as the K712 (but isn't that true for any headphone? aside from the HD800 which I haven't heard), but the Oppo has a great center image, and both brands do a great job of layering depth/distance because of how detailed they are. I said more stuff about the sound quality in general you can read from the review.

The Oppo performs VERY well for it's higher mid-fi price. I'd EASILY recommend the PM-2 over a Sennheiser HD700 for the PM-2's better sonic articulation, transporting/amping convenience, and less polarizing sound signature, though of course the personal sonic preferences of someone else can swing any headphone into favor. Similarly, the K712 is closer in a technical level to the PM-2 than the HD700, still not quite as "quick" and smooth as the Oppo but the AKG could still be picked by someone seeking holographic soundstage, treble sparkle, and lower price (not counting in amping costs).

I said a fair bit in my review about how easy the Oppo was on amping requirements to drive it well, but still... I wish I had he chance to test it with a balanced amp/cable (the Cavalli Liquid Carbon I ordered still hasn't been released yet!).

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #431 of 761
I would like to demo the oppo pm1 and agree to the terms and conditions. 

Thanks.

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #432 of 761
I have received the PM2s from RazrLeaf. Thanks a lot. I will try them out for the next few days and get back with my impressions. I'm excited and very thankful that Oppo has this service available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back