OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Oct 4, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #451 of 761

I'll warn you my friend, you will become SO spoiled on the PM-1's! It's been about 2 months since I've heard them and my ears are still longing for more.

I was listening to some Pat Metheny last night thinking how the PM-1 will sound compared to my PM-3

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #452 of 761
WAY longer than they're supposed to (1 week) the person before me @petezjunior has had them for more than twice that. Which drastically slows down someone elses chance to listen to them. There should be a way to rate individuals on here (similar to feedback) that can't follow the rules so future loaner programs can pick out potential mishaps sooner.

I agree. My "line" hasn't moved in a month. At least it feels like a month. 

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #453 of 761
I provided my address over private message so I am waiting to be added to either PM-1 USA list. I was listening to Bob James last night thinking to myself the PM-1 sounds better that this! Oh My!  I can't wait.  From reading here another improvement would be to buy the HA-1 to replace my HA-2.  I just hope its not a financial "placebo effect."

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #454 of 761
I also feel like my tour has not moved in weeks.

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #455 of 761
I also feel like my tour has not moved in weeks.

Mine's been almost 3 weeks (2 weeks 6 days) since @talan7 sent the Oppo PM-2 to @petezjunior so he's had them for 2 weeks 4 days. @Jiffy Squid has there at least been some communication with you as for the reason for such delay? I personally haven't received anything.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #457 of 761
I received the PM-2's today finally and all is in working order.

But for future reference to ALL those who are thinking of applying or who have already have the honor NOT privilege of being selected perhaps you should know the rules of etiquette 

1.) Thank the company and/or the organizer of the event who accepted you into the program
2.) When you receive the product post of the forum that you've received them
3.) Keep the product for NO LONGER than was agreed upon
     -IF there is to be a delay FOR ANY REASON post the reason to the thread
          -Most people know and accept that life happens, but communication is common courtesy
          -If there's a delay in receiving the address for the next person in the list, simply PM said person for their information
4.) When it's time for you to send the product to the next person in the list
     -Send the tracking number via PM to the person organizing the program
     -Send the tracking number via PM to the person you're sending the product to
     -Post on the thread that you've sent the product off
5.) Thank the company and/or the organizer of the event AGAIN for the opportunity

If I've left out anything or someone knows of more please by all means add them for this it TWICE that I've been delayed multiple weeks on my turn with a product because people can't follow the oh so very simple rules.

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #460 of 761

Hello.  I am new to this forum.  I would like to participate in the Oppo loaner program if possible.  I have posted a couple of notices to this effect but I have heard nothing back.  I am interested in listening to either the PM1 or PM2s.  Any advice on how I can be added to the list would be much appreciated.  I will agree to the terms set forth in this thread.  Any help is appreciated.   Thank you.  

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #461 of 761
Hello.  I am new to this forum.  I would like to participate in the Oppo loaner program if possible.  I have posted a couple of notices to this effect but I have heard nothing back.  I am interested in listening to either the PM1 or PM2s.  Any advice on how I can be added to the list would be much appreciated.  I will agree to the terms set forth in this thread.  Any help is appreciated.   Thank you.  

My friend I can about guarantee it's because

1.) You're a brand new member who joined not even 2 weeks ago.

2.) You've only made 3 posts, each of which have been to this thread.

It's highly unlikely a company will trust a random person with a $800-1100 product that's so new to the forums. Be patient my friend there will be many opportunities to try various products. Explore the forum some write GOOD DETAILED reviews of products you already own. Make yourself known.

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #462 of 761
I've received the next person's information, @tskinner3 I'll ship them to you tomorrow after work. Seriously going to miss them!

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #464 of 761
Just sent out the PM-2's to @tskinner3 Want to give another huge thanks to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for not just setting up this review tour but allowing me to take part, thank you.

Check out my unboxing video, my full review video, as well as my full written review!

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #465 of 761
Personally, I'm wanting the demo to decide whether to purchase the PM-1 vs. the HA-1. Reading forums haven't helped with next upgrade my HA-2, currently have the PM-3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back