1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program

First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Next

Last
  1. kenman345
    Sweet

I know they are not likely on the same level, but my coworker is letting me borrow his HD 598's for the weekend and I have a pair of Sony MDR-CD850's coming this friday as well. This should make for one awesome weekend of testing equipment and the PM-2's. 

2. Mediahound
    I don't know if this is still going but I'd be interested in trying out the PM-1's and agree to the terms. 

3. Army-Firedawg
    mjban Jiffy Squid

Just sent out the PM-1 you should receive them Saturday she said. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did, a true benchmark.

4. mjban
  5. tskinner3
    I would like to participate in the tour. I'm willing to comply with the terms and conditions. Thanks.

6. iamstumper
    Jiffy Squid
    I have received pm1 #1 and all looks good.

Music, games, and movies to commence tonight :)

7. ktmracer12345
    Sweet!!! Let us know how you feel about the PM1 compared to your AKG. I'm very familiar with the AKG house sound so I'm interested in your thoughts on the OPPO.

8. Blueshound24
    If still available, I'm interested in the PM-1 loaner program and agree to all the terms and conditions. 

9. manywelps
    I got missed: http://www.head-fi.org/t/738309/oppo-pm-1-pm-2-loaner-program/405#post_11823003

10. Evshrug
    PM-2 review posted!
    ♎️
    I hope you guys enjoy!
    http://www.head-fi.org/products/oppo-pm-2/reviews/13940

I compared the PM-2 against both the K612 and K712. Tonally, the PM-2 was closer to the K612 in balance, but didn't have nearly the power/driving requirements of the AKG, and I never heard graininess on the Oppo from being underfed during a more dynamic moment of a song. The PM-2 "sits" closer to the performance stage and has less width emphasis as the K712 (but isn't that true for any headphone? aside from the HD800 which I haven't heard), but the Oppo has a great center image, and both brands do a great job of layering depth/distance because of how detailed they are. I said more stuff about the sound quality in general you can read from the review.

The Oppo performs VERY well for it's higher mid-fi price. I'd EASILY recommend the PM-2 over a Sennheiser HD700 for the PM-2's better sonic articulation, transporting/amping convenience, and less polarizing sound signature, though of course the personal sonic preferences of someone else can swing any headphone into favor. Similarly, the K712 is closer in a technical level to the PM-2 than the HD700, still not quite as "quick" and smooth as the Oppo but the AKG could still be picked by someone seeking holographic soundstage, treble sparkle, and lower price (not counting in amping costs).

I said a fair bit in my review about how easy the Oppo was on amping requirements to drive it well, but still... I wish I had he chance to test it with a balanced amp/cable (the Cavalli Liquid Carbon I ordered still hasn't been released yet!).

11. Japheel
    I would like to demo the oppo pm1 and agree to the terms and conditions. 

Thanks.

12. talan7
    I have received the PM2s from RazrLeaf. Thanks a lot. I will try them out for the next few days and get back with my impressions. I'm excited and very thankful that Oppo has this service available.

13. talan7
    Op PM2's mailed out today to Petezjunior. You should have them Thursday.

I will get back with my comments soon. They were awesome BTW. Thanks OPPO!

14. CLVPTRVP
    I'm very interested in the PM-2's. I'm willing to agree to the permissions.

15. SillySheep
    Hello. I'm interested in trying both the pm 1 and 2. I agree to the t&c.

First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Next

Last