OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Dec 10, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #4,640 of 4,883
I have a Galaxy S8 and the OPPO'Samp is much better. As for the DAC again the OPPO'S presents a cleaner more refined sound. Before you purchase check what sub cable is needed. Some of us had to hunt down a type c to micro with change to new phones.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #4,644 of 4,883
I'll throw in my 2 cents I guess. I've done some extensive A/B testing with the V30 as well was the V20 and borrowed my friend's S8 (I have an S7 and first gen HA-2). Honestly, between the DAC's, I couldn't tell a difference (or maybe my ears aren't as well trained). Primarily ran it through my Jotunheim which I've become most familiar with in this past year but I also borrowed my friend's WA7 and I couldn't tell again. Used my HD650 and Aeon's to test. The Amp makes a huge difference but I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I don't have nice easy to drive headphones except my M40X and ideally, would have liked to test with better IEM's but I hate IEM's so the only one I have are a cheap set I bought from Monoprice (the XXX, bought it because it was on sale and name intrigued me) so it was harder to a good AB test between the V30 Amp and HA-2. Generally though, the HA2 has a bit of a glare and tends to make things more bright but that's also within my preference so I've quite enjoyed my HA2. In the end though, if I wasn't using it to monitor or analyze music, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, especially if I was outdoors in the slightly louder environment. The V30 (and also the V20) impressed me a lot.

Dec 13, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #4,646 of 4,883
Hi Everyone,

It seems like this thread is the biggest community of OPPO HA-2 users :)

I was was using my HA-2 for quite some time with android phone first, then iPhone 6s. Suddenly, presumably after iOS update from 10 to 11, it stopped working with iPhone. I did a lot of things recommended on Internet like rebooting phone with HA-2 plugged in, just rebooting, etc. Nothing helped, iPhone just ignores it. The reason is not in HA-2 since it works perfectly well with MacBook. I updated iOS to latest yesterday - same, iPhone doesn't see it.

If anyone can recommend anything - it will b greatly appreciated. Tired of listening to lousy iPhone amplifier already :)

Thank you in advance!

Dec 13, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #4,647 of 4,883
I had a similar issue when updating to 10 so I don't know if this the same issue as mine. Mine was also on an ipad, not an iphone. I was using a cheap aftermarket non-mfi certified cable. when I used my older lightening cable where the wires are exposed but official apple cable, it was working. I tried it then with a 3rd party MFI certified cable and that worked too. Over time, I noticed that non-MFI certified cables was a hit or miss or quality wasn't good. That said, if you were already using an MFI certified cable, then sorry, I don't have an answer.

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #4,648 of 4,883
I had a similar issue when updating to 10 so I don't know if this the same issue as mine. Mine was also on an ipad, not an iphone. I was using a cheap aftermarket non-mfi certified cable. when I used my older lightening cable where the wires are exposed but official apple cable, it was working. I tried it then with a 3rd party MFI certified cable and that worked too. Over time, I noticed that non-MFI certified cables was a hit or miss or quality wasn't good. That said, if you were already using an MFI certified cable, then sorry, I don't have an answer.

Thank you for your response. I'm still using the original lighting cable that came with HA-2. It looks okay, but maybe some wired inside are broken... Anyway, thank you for the idea, will try.

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #4,649 of 4,883
Hello!
New to the Oppo realm. I’m considering the HA-2se for iPhone 6 (foobar2k app) and wondered if my Apple earbuds would still operate correctly when I receive a phone call if still plugged into the phone? Anyone try this?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back