OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Dec 20, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #4,876 of 4,883
I have a nice braun razor. I almost threw out cause it wouldn’t charge. I got it in 2000 and figured I got more than my use out of it. Figured I’d try charging it over night one last time before I threw it out. It came back to life, it charges normally and lasts just about the same as when I got it. How that’s possible I don’t know as it’s nimh technology. The strangest thing. Still using it to this day.

Dec 23, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #4,877 of 4,883
Hi all, Merry Christmas for tomorrow!

I've had the Oppo HA2SE for a few years now and have always gone with Fiio CL06 cables to connect it with my phones. I've had a few now and they always end up with loose connections - probably because I use with travelling a fair bit and they are a bit stiff. I'm thinking of going with something else - probably either the Shanling L2 or the ddHiFi TC03. Any thoughts or recommendations? I mainly want something that's really sturdy but also has good sound quality.

I've heard conflicting things about whether the L2 would have an issue with charging the DAC from my phone, but I wouldn't really want to need to turn everything on and then plug the cable in every time (which I hear might be required to avoid the issue), as I prefer to leave the cable plugged into the DAC when not in use. The L2 is quite a bit more expensive than the ddHiFi TC03 though, so I'm wondering if the sound quality might be better.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Dec 24, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #4,878 of 4,883
Hi all, Merry Christmas for tomorrow!

I've had the Oppo HA2SE for a few years now and have always gone with Fiio CL06 cables to connect it with my phones. I've had a few now and they always end up with loose connections - probably because I use with travelling a fair bit and they are a bit stiff. I'm thinking of going with something else - probably either the Shanling L2 or the ddHiFi TC03. Any thoughts or recommendations? I mainly want something that's really sturdy but also has good sound quality.

I've heard conflicting things about whether the L2 would have an issue with charging the DAC from my phone, but I wouldn't really want to need to turn everything on and then plug the cable in every time (which I hear might be required to avoid the issue), as I prefer to leave the cable plugged into the DAC when not in use. The L2 is quite a bit more expensive than the ddHiFi TC03 though, so I'm wondering if the sound quality might be better.

Any help would be much appreciated!
I can't think of a better value than the original Mojo.

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:59 AM Post #4,880 of 4,883
sorry for the late reply!

Here's a pic of the original battery. The new battery has been flawless. I think I'm going to order another as a backup.

PXL_20201215_062905696.jpg
You say you "just pulled" the leather off your HA2 - could you be a bit more detailed/specific. Mine went from holding its charge for a shorter and shorter time, and now won't charge at all.

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #4,881 of 4,883
It’s just glued on, yank it off.

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #4,883 of 4,883
You say you "just pulled" the leather off your HA2 - could you be a bit more detailed/specific. Mine went from holding its charge for a shorter and shorter time, and now won't charge at all.
As another user wrote, a heat gun helps. I used a putty knife as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back