Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #2,915 of 5,414
Just curious if many of you owners are buying this unit locally or online and are you guys paying retail for it? Their site doesn't list authorized online resellers but it appears that Best Buy Magnolia carries them. Guess I can always swing by and demo them before deciding.

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #2,916 of 5,414
Bought mine used for $800. Works grear

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #2,917 of 5,414
Just curious if many of you owners are buying this unit locally or online and are you guys paying retail for it? Their site doesn't list authorized online resellers but it appears that Best Buy Magnolia carries them. Guess I can always swing by and demo them before deciding.

I just checked the bestbuy site and don't see it listed. Where are you seeing this?

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #2,922 of 5,414

I bought mine locally, Stereotypes Audio in Portland. Cool little independant shop and a good group of guys, and yes, I paid retail for my setup. They did give me 10% off the Wireworld Starlight 7 USB cable I got, because I bought everything at once. 

Feb 11, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #2,924 of 5,414
So what's the general opinion on pairing the HA-1 with the HD 800s? Very strongly considering this pair but opinions seem to be split 50/50. One half saying it's a wonderful match with excellent synergy/sound while the other half saying the sound is overly bright or even unbearable.

I prefer my sound to be for the most part neutral and natural.

I've been using my Denon D2000's plugged into a Apogee Duet for the past couple years and generally enjoyed the sound. The main thing that bugged me about the Denon's was the somewhat recessed midrange (vocals.) Just sold my D2000s and planning on picking up this pair. The only other headphones I have are Sony MDR-7506's, which I love.

Oh and i'm a huge fan of Oppo products in general...I own both a 103 and 103D. Top notch players with awesome value.

Feb 11, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #2,925 of 5,414
So what's the general opinion on pairing the HA-1 with the HD 800s? Very strongly considering this pair but opinions seem to be split 50/50. One half saying it's a wonderful match with excellent synergy/sound while the other half saying the sound is overly bright or even unbearable.

I prefer my sound to be for the most part neutral and natural.

I've been using my Denon D2000's plugged into a Apogee Duet for the past couple years and generally enjoyed the sound. The main thing that bugged me about the Denon's was the somewhat recessed midrange (vocals.) Just sold my D2000s and planning on picking up this pair. The only other headphones I have are Sony MDR-7506's, which I love.

Oh and i'm a huge fan of Oppo products in general...I own both a 103 and 103D. Top notch players with awesome value.

Well, you have 30 days if you find the HA-1 too bright with your headphones. Return Policy.

I'd caution against getting two major pieces at the same time as it'll be difficult to nail what you like or don't like about the setup. I'd start with the headphones first by purchasing a pair that speaks to your preference.

I find the HA-1 really doesn't add coloration to the sound, just oodles of detail with all frequecies sounding quite balanced in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back