1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by aamefford, May 7, 2014.
First

Back
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
Next

Last
  1. Uniquexme

Play/pause and volume control for movie is good enough. So for music playback via Aurdivana Plus / iTunes, the remote is fully functioning.

2. JML
    Fully functional for music playback via Audirvana Plus 1.5.12 (in iTunes integrated mode, but not in standalone mode), iTunes, and VLC.  In Audirvana Plus standalone mode, the remote will not advance to the next song in a playlist or album.  The glimpses I've seen of the beta version of Audirvana Plus 2.0, however, show a full-fledged media player that has music management that looks like iTunes, so the remote may well work with that next version in standalone mode.  I posted a version of this report on the Audirvana Plus support forum, so the developer should see it.

All I can test, however, is the HA-1 connected to my MacBook Pro via USB.  I don't have a home theater setup with the HA-1.

3. Brault
    Has anyone tried the remote functions with Amarra HiFi or Amarra 3.0?
    This just might be the pre-amp/DAC I've been waiting for.....

4. Xyrium

That Bryston/BW combo sounds great. I was shopping for satellites last year almost picked up the BW PM1s. Very nicely balanced speaker.

I would imagine the sound will be close to the MDAC, as Audiolab really hit a home run with that DAC. I believe the preamp on the HA-1 is indeed analog. Here's an excerpt from the Oppo site: "Class A Headphone Amp and Pre-Amp
    Fully balanced analog inputs and outputs, purely analog volume control, and an adjustable headphone gain switch."

5. HasturTheYellow

Mobile USB Audio Input (USB A Type):

Input Format: Stereo PCM
    PCM Sampling Frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
    Profile: USB 2.0, USB Audio 2.0
    VBUS Power Output: +5 V, 2.1 A

So it is 48KHz maximum input and will charge most common USB devices connected into it.

6. murrays

Balanced outputs will double the voltage so the exact increase should be +6 dB.

7. akhyar
    Finally, collected this beauty today [​IMG]

2014-07-2421.29.23.jpg

8. gameon

How does the wywires sound with it, just ordered red cable myself, is there a big improvement over stock cable? Just picked up my Oppo HA -1 last week, nice piece !!!!

9. akhyar

I've just received the Red cable last week, and only managed to try the cable tonight.
    Both the cable and the amp only have 2-3 hours of usage...lol!

10. Zurv

My M-DAC is sitting under the bed now.. and no plans on going back to it from the Oppo.

11. SpudHarris Contributor

Mine is waiting for a buyer (see signature). I liked the M-Dac a lot and it kept me happy for a few years. The L/R balance came in handy as my speaker/seating set up was not perfectly central + filters were a nice but the HA-1 is in a different class.

Reference my post earlier regarding Ifi iUSB, I can confirm that with the Gemini Cable and Purifier, it makes a substantial difference. Plenty of reviews etc... out there, it's more money I know but it really does make a difference. 

12. Zurv

yeah the M-DAC was great. I wish the Ifi iUSB was cheaper... almost $500 is a bit much and everything sounds pretty amazing now :)

i'm also iffy on spending a lot on any digital cable stuff. digital is digital. the zeroes and ones are making it there or not. (if not.. then it is worth sending some money :D )

13. PerfectHiFi
    HA-1 Infrared Remote also works fine via BT connection, great! However, it appears that Bluetooth connection is limited to 44.1 kHz sample rate also, correct? Is it limited by the fruity devices or by the HA-1?

14. BuddyRich
    Thanks for the answers. It seems i just have to sell the mdac now. :wink:

15. Uniquexme

Did u get from E1? That unit is supposed to be mine. :frowning2:

First

Back
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
Next

Last