Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 21, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #1,231 of 5,414
  Focal Solo6 BEs. Though it shouldn't matter much, I run the HA-1 balanced rear outputs into a dbx Driverack 260. I use that as an xover for the satellites (Focals) and a PEQ for the subs (pair of Rhythmik F12s). I'm sure the Adams will rock from the HA-1!

My next audio purchase will be a speaker upgrade. I am very interested in the Solo6's - a lot of people seem to like them. What do you think of them with the HA-1?

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #1,233 of 5,414
Probably nothing new here for most people, but here's my video about the HA-1. I managed to keep it under 6 minutes!

I probably missed a couple of things: The sound quality with APTX Bluetooth (Short answer: very good and only slightly behind USB etc.) but I do reckon with a pair of Emotiva or similar active speakers and headphones of choice you could squeeze in an entire rig for under $2k that would be expensive to beat.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #1,234 of 5,414
  The WA22 is certainly nice, but doesn't have all of the options that the HA-1 does, especially USB input and a variety of outputs. However, as a dedicated headphone amp using only analog sources, it probably matches the HA-1. I believe it's the options that set these two apart in the end. 

Thats my reason for using WA22 as amp and HA1 is preamp out, so i have all the input connections on the HA1. I am wondering on how to bypass the amp section in HA1.  

Jul 21, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,235 of 5,414

Thats my reason for using WA22 as amp and HA1 is preamp out, so i have all the input connections on the HA1. I am wondering on how to bypass the amp section in HA1.  

Perhaps the strategic snipping or disconnection of an internal wire? Ideally a way to turn it on/off with an external switch?

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #1,238 of 5,414

Maybe.... hehe... Juz place my order for HA-1. Will consider the WA22 at a later stage...

Nicely done! I'm fairly selective about audio components, and this unit has a low noise floor and clean sound, yet delivers the natural sound of the instruments. Don't get me wrong, I like tubes. My Mesa Boogies have kept me strumming out creamy tones for years now, but properly-implemented solid state can easily equal, or surpass the delectable highs and mids of valves.

Ok, maybe not in my guitar rig, but definitely in reproduction.
dt880smile.png

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,239 of 5,414
  Nicely done! I'm fairly selective about audio components, and this unit has a low noise floor and clean sound, yet delivers the natural sound of the instruments. Don't get me wrong, I like tubes. My Mesa Boogies have kept me strumming out creamy tones for years now, but properly-implemented solid state can easily equal, or surpass the delectable highs and mids of valves.

Ok, maybe not in my guitar rig, but definitely in reproduction.
dt880smile.png

Thanks Xyrium. Now shall wait till sep before i can get my new toy. 

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,240 of 5,414

Doesn't the Home Theater Bypass take care of that for you?

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #1,245 of 5,414
fine!!!
.. first this site makes my buy the ha-1 and now.. i guess it is balanced cable time. Honestly, up till now a lot of this dac stuff was a bit of the emperor's new clothes. I've spent $1000s and $1000s ... and he was still looking pretty naked :)

yes, stuff in the past was better than not using a DAC. but no way close to the 1000s i spent (well.. still isn't.. that is a lot of money) yes it was a little cleaner but not a big jump. The Oppo should be in the same class (but better) as was what i used before (the audiolab M-Dac and fostex HA8.) But damn the oppo is good :)

So i ordered up the official balanced cable for the HD800 :) Hopefully they have an impact :) (damn they cost a lot just for a cable)

Now to find more hi res music. Sadly much of it, say opera, has new high res versions, but the performances themselves isn't as good as the older ones :frowning2: I wasted $50 on Cosi fan tutti yesterday from HDtracks - yeah.. high quality but.. not very good singers :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back