Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #1,156 of 5,414
So which is sexier....black or silver?

I've always purchased black.

However now I'm looking at the rack and thinking it is too dark.:rolleyes:

I think the HA-1 might have looked better in silver on top of my rack.

So I vote silver.

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #1,157 of 5,414
I've always purchased black.

However now I'm looking at the rack and thinking it is too dark.
rolleyes.gif

I think the HA-1 might have looked better in silver on top of my rack.

So I vote silver.

Nope...anything but black on top of your system would have stuck out like a pimple on a supermodels behind. 

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,158 of 5,414
dada
  Is there a way to get this to auto-mute the "speakers" pre-amp/bypass when the headphones are connected? right now it plays from both. Yes, there is a button to mute the bypass - but it takes a few button pushes.

This is how it was in the BDP-105 and we had a numerous complaints by people who wanted to still use the pre-amplifier outputs while using their headphones. This is why we made an extra option in the menu of the HA-1 which allows you to change the MUTE on the player from muting the headphone amplifier and pre-amplifier outputs to only muting the pre-amplifier outputs.

So it is something that you unfortunately just need to enable on a per use basis and not something that will be done automatically.

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #1,159 of 5,414
oh the wife doesn't like me taking to long to mute... a fast change when plug'n in the headphone is nice. But i'll survive... maybe... 

also, any plans for Windows Phone app? (yes, i'm one of the 6 ppl in the world that has one) or a windows 8 app that i can use on my surface 3 pro? :)

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #1,160 of 5,414
Nope...anything but black on top of your system would have stuck out like a pimple on a supermodels behind. 

What like my Senny HD700's :D They are nice and silver.

Hey, someone on another thread said the HA-1 is not a neutral amp and was bright and only designed to work with the PM-1.

Really?

Still trying to decide which HP to get next. I want bass. The biggest amount of bass. Any recommendations?

Ones I'm looking at are:

Alpha Dogs, HE-400, LCD 2 and 3.

Ones I kinda disregarded. PM-1and 2. HE-560 and 400i. As I've been told I won't be satisfied.

Is there an equaliser thingy I could install to give tone bass control?

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #1,161 of 5,414
I have the Fostex th600 here, which I believe is a more (or similar) demanding test...
Specs:
Impedance: 25ohm
Sensitivity: 94dB mW
Maximum Input: 1,800 mW

At high gain on the HA-1 upon reaching the halfway on the volume (about-13db)
It is already at ear bleed loudness levels that I cannot tolerate for long.
This is the 1/8 headphone out, not the balanced xlr. .
Now I pause the music on foobar2k and turn volume to maximum to see what I hear.. .
Listening. .
Straining..
Nothing. .
Not the slightest tiny bit of sound.
Zero "low level" noise detected. .

TH 900s work just fine with HA-1, no problems with noise floor, distortion, etc.  Volume does ramp up quickly, leave it on low gain.

I'm listening to the TH 900s through the HA-1 right now (via an iMac + iTunes + BitPerfect through USB).  It's phenomenal.  The HA-1 works just as advertised, including the remote control App.  Flawless (so far).

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #1,162 of 5,414
What like my Senny HD700's
biggrin.gif
They are nice and silver.

Hey, someone on another thread said the HA-1 is not a neutral amp and was bright and only designed to work with the PM-1.

Really?

Still trying to decide which HP to get next. I want bass. The biggest amount of bass. Any recommendations?

Ones I'm looking at are:

Alpha Dogs, HE-400, LCD 2 and 3.

Ones I kinda disregarded. PM-1and 2. HE-560 and 400i. As I've been told I won't be satisfied.

Is there an equaliser thingy I could install to give tone bass control?

Lcd 2.2 pre-fazor. 

Jul 18, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #1,163 of 5,414
Lcd 2.2 pre-fazor. 

Is my understanding correct? That is not the new model is it. Can you still buy these new?

What about the bright comment on the HA-1 so it would suit the PM-1. Is that correct?

Jul 19, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #1,165 of 5,414
I fixed my problem with the bit rate/sample rate.  I tried just about everything, but unchecking Audirvana’s “low level playback” settings and then rechecking them restored the proper operation, with iTunes alone and with Audirvana in iTunes integrated mode.

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #1,166 of 5,414
Look at the bench tests, bright comment, BS only.

Thanks Dude.

I don't really understand all those graphs. :xf_eek: Sorry I'm a bit of a hick.

Really in New Zealand where I'm from. There is a whole lot of cows and sheep and know one but me into Audio.
So I'm really alone and get left behind on all that stuff.

The BS comment made sense to me tho. So I grab any HP that I like the sound signature on.

I think the LCD2.2 is the one to go for.

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #1,167 of 5,414
I have one of the first retail black ones. I want silver.

Damn you impatience!!

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #1,168 of 5,414
Thanks Dude.

I don't really understand all those graphs.
redface.gif
Sorry I'm a bit of a hick.

Really in New Zealand where I'm from. There is a whole lot of cows and sheep and know one but me into Audio.
So I'm really alone and get left behind on all that stuff.

The BS comment made sense to me tho. So I grab any HP that I like the sound signature on.

I think the LCD2.2 is the one to go for.

The frequency response plots, another one from that recent french translated review of the HA-1 you read as shown here, note the flatness.  No elevated frequency.

From 20 Hz to 20 kHz, dB -0.16, +0.01
From 40 Hz to 15 kHz, dB -0.04, +0.01

Jul 19, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #1,170 of 5,414
The frequency response plots, another one from that recent french translated review of the HA-1 you read as shown here, note the flatness.  No elevated frequency.

[COLOR=757474]
From 20 Hz to 20 kHz, dB

-0.16, +0.01

From 40 Hz to 15 kHz, dB

-0.04, +0.01

[/COLOR]​

Brilliant. So I did well for my first HP purchase. Can I assume that the amp section is fairly powerful and I choose most HP's within reason to use with it?

I'm loving this hobby. I am very quickly moving from a Home theatre enthusiast to wanting to experiment with HP's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back